concrete polished floors

Sep 19, 2021
I have been asked to do some work in a space that will have polished concrete floors. The work I have been asked to do includes installing new doors,

painting about 12,000 sq ft of wall, 12,000 sq ft drywall installation. My thought was to do as much of the work before the floors were polished with the grinding machines.

They say that the floors are almost impossible to damage once the grinding and polishing gets done but I do have my doubts.

Looking for insights into things like can I safely push a drywall cart loaded with drywall around in there, use scaffolds on wheels to install and paint walls,

how easily can a dropped screw that gets stepped on or hit with the tire of a scaffold damage the floor.

Sep 19, 2021
I have been asked to do some work in a space that will have polished concrete floors. The work I have been asked to do includes installing new doors,

painting about 12,000 sq ft of wall, 12,000 sq ft drywall installation. My thought was to do as much of the work before the floors were polished with the grinding machines.

They say that the floors are almost impossible to damage once the grinding and polishing gets done but I do have my doubts.

Looking for insights into things like can I safely push a drywall cart loaded with drywall around in there, use scaffolds on wheels to install and paint walls,

how easily can a dropped screw that gets stepped on or hit with the tire of a scaffold damage the floor. https://www.rgvconcretestain.com/polished-concrete
thanks for any help

Sep 19, 2021

how easily can a dropped screw that gets stepped on or hit with the tire of a scaffold damage the floor. https://www.wirthfloor.com.au/
still no response

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
my 5 cents regarding it: concrete floors usually having some kind of spacers/ boundaries (wood or aluminium) and sooner or later there will be some hairline cracking or even rips. Depends if there's direct sunlight and / or air-conditioning...
I never built them but I believe there are huge quality & price differences. If polished there's not much dust but you need to maintain it (wet cleaning with a ph neutral floor cleaner)

I don't know if you would damage it or not. I guess it should be alright

Sep 19, 2021
my 5 cents regarding it: concrete floors usually having some kind of spacers/ boundaries (wood or aluminium) and sooner or later there will be some hairline cracking or even rips. Depends if there's direct sunlight and / or air-conditioning...
I never built them but I believe there are huge quality & price differences. If polished there's not much dust but you need to maintain it (wet cleaning with a ph neutral floor cleaner)

polished concrete washington dc
thank you so much for your suggestion