Clearing some land that is overgrown

delboy

Aug 2, 2009
Hi folks,

Does anyone know a company or reliable person that could clear some overgrown land in Canggu area please? Land size is 1.75 are. Don’t know where to start so any advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks very much,
Del

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Under 2 are is not very big. However, just how overgrown is it and with what?
Any large trees? Is there road access? Etc.
Who actually owns the land? Are you leasing it? If so, I’d ask the actual owners for a recommendation.
Without seeing it, I’m guessing it might take a couple of local guys one or two days to do the job, including removing the stuff..

Cost is negotiable - Canggu is sort of an up-market area and “workers” could ask/expect higher payment than in other places. Ten bucks a day each is pretty fair (IMHO) + some snack food, coffee. If they don’t have their own transport to cart stuff away, they’ll have to rent something. That shouldn’t be all that pricey, especially if they’re Balinese. On that note, a couple of Javanese workers would probably do it for less, if you can find some.

Hope this helps.
:cool:

delboy

Aug 2, 2009
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the reply.

Access is good and there are no large trees, mainly just weeds. I wouldn’t imagine that there would be any heavy duty equipment needed, just labour, tools and vehicle really.

Does anyone know of a company or people who could undertake this task?

Thanks

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
The “heavy duty equipment”, in this case, would be the workers. I reckon two guys could do it in one day. They could bundle up the weeds at one end and burn them. Or, take ‘em away in a ute. Job and finished.

I forgot to mention this before. Why don’t you put up a sign on the road asking for “weed-removalists”. You never know.
Something like:
mencari seseorang untuk menyelesaikan rencana ini
(looking for someone to clear this plot)

Good luck.
anitoons081.gif

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Dude go down to the next road and if you see any locals hanging around ask them if they want to earn some dosh? It really aint rocket science for fecks sake!

Reactions: JohnnyCool

hermit

Aug 19, 2010
Bona gianyar
Cheers Johnny, I will give it a try.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

I would ask the klian of the banjar if anyone from the banjar would be interested.
That way you build goodwill in the banjar,and you might find people who could do other jobs as well.
Make sure that you make clear if you want the growth to be cut,or all the roots digged up as well.
I would advise the latter,as everything would grow back in no time if you did not.