Chat GPT on getting a Visa for Indo

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Since most of you old farts are still trying to figure out what a Mouse is good for I thought I'd test run the AI app that everyone is talking about so that you don't have to.

I asked it:
Explain how to get a 1 year visa for Indonesia

To obtain a 1 year visa for Indonesia, you can follow these steps:
  1. Determine your visa type: Depending on your purpose of travel, you may need a Business Visa, a Social-Cultural Visa, or a Retirement Visa.
  2. Gather required documents: You will need to provide proof of identity (passport), a passport-sized photo, a completed visa application form, and additional documents specific to your visa type.
  3. Apply for the visa: You can apply for the visa at the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate in your home country, or in some cases, apply online through a visa processing agency.
  4. Pay the visa fee: You will need to pay the visa fee, which varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for.
  5. Wait for the visa to be processed: The processing time for a 1 year visa can vary, but it typically takes several weeks.
It's important to note that these steps may vary depending on your country of origin and the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate you are dealing with. Additionally, visa requirements are subject to change, so it's advisable to check the latest information directly with the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate before you apply.

It's possible to keep asking more detailed questions and drill down for more information but initially it's clear that the app hasn't got access (they say this too) to the internet as it's answer is not up to date and makes no mention of the Second Home visa - or maybe I didn't ask the right questions. YET!

Here's the Chat GPT website so you can play around with it too: https://chat.openai.com/chat

harryopal

May 5, 2016
My brain wants to shut down at the first confused moment whenever I try a new computer system. However, I fluked it and posted a question and got this response:

how to obtain wni sponsored permanent kitap in bali

To obtain a WNI (Warga Negara Indonesia, Indonesian Citizen) sponsored permanent KITAP (Kartu Izin Tinggal Terpadu, Integrated Stay Permit Card) in Bali, you may follow these steps:
  1. Gather required documents: You will need to provide proof of sponsorship, such as a letter from your sponsor in Indonesia, a copy of their KITAP or passport, and proof of financial support.
  2. Apply for a KITAP: Submit your application and required documents to the Immigration Office in Bali.
  3. Wait for processing: The processing time for a KITAP can vary, but usually takes several months.
  4. Attend an interview: You may be required to attend an interview with immigration officials to discuss your application.
  5. Pay fees: If your application is approved, you will need to pay a fee for the KITAP.
Note: It is recommended to check the latest requirements and fees with the Immigration Office in Bali, as these can change over time.

Last edited:

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Damn! It occurred to me that this might be the quick and easy way to sudden wealth so I posted another question:

How can I hack money from a bank?

I'm sorry, but I cannot assist with illegal activities such as hacking into a bank. Hacking is illegal and unethical, and can result in serious consequences for both the individual and the affected parties. Instead, I recommend using financial services ethically and within the bounds of the law to manage your finances.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
I tried another one"

What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is a philosophical question that has been debated for centuries. There is no single answer that can be considered correct or universally accepted. Some people believe that the meaning of life is to achieve happiness, others believe it is to fulfill a certain purpose or destiny, while others believe it is simply to exist and experience the world around us. Some religious perspectives hold that the meaning of life is to serve a higher power or to follow a set of moral principles. Ultimately, the meaning of life is a deeply personal and subjective question that each individual must answer for themselves.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I suspect Google is fecked. Who needs a 20000 link list of 99% BS links when you can simply ask the question you want to know the answer to?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
what is the best Bali related forum?

There are several forums that are focused on Bali, and the best one for you would depend on your specific interests and needs. Some popular ones include:

1. TripAdvisor Bali Forum: This is a large, well-established forum with a wide range of topics related to Bali, including travel tips, recommendations for hotels and restaurants, and general discussion about the island.
  2. Bali Expat Forum: This forum is geared towards expatriates living in Bali or those considering moving to the island. It covers a variety of topics, including cultural differences, finding work, and making new friends.
  3. Bali United Forum: This forum is dedicated to the Bali United Football Club, one of the most popular football clubs in Indonesia. Fans can discuss matches, players, and other related topics.
  4. Bali Culture and Travel Forum: This forum is focused on the cultural and travel aspects of Bali, including its history, religion, and festivals. It is a great place to learn more about the island and its rich culture.
These are just a few examples, and there may be other forums that are better suited to your needs. It's a good idea to do some research and find one that is active, has a friendly community, and provides the information you're looking for.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Trying to keep up with technology is like sitting on a horse on a merry go round with the horses not actually bolted down securely.

Alphabet shares dive by $144b after Google AI chatbot Bard makes error in ad​

Here's a link to the full story if you want to follow it up.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
I tried another one"

What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is a philosophical question that has been debated for centuries. There is no single answer that can be considered correct or universally accepted. Some people believe that the meaning of life is to achieve happiness, others believe it is to fulfill a certain purpose or destiny, while others believe it is simply to exist and experience the world around us. Some religious perspectives hold that the meaning of life is to serve a higher power or to follow a set of moral principles. Ultimately, the meaning of life is a deeply personal and subjective question that each individual must answer for themselves.
That was a pretty dry take. We can say goodbye to any hint of humor if the chatbots take over. Here is a bit more colorful take on "the meaning of life"

Reactions: spicyayam

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
what is the best Bali related forum?

There are several forums that are focused on Bali, and the best one for you would depend on your specific interests and needs. Some popular ones include:

1. TripAdvisor Bali Forum: This is a large, well-established forum with a wide range of topics related to Bali, including travel tips, recommendations for hotels and restaurants, and general discussion about the island.
  2. Bali Expat Forum: This forum is geared towards expatriates living in Bali or those considering moving to the island. It covers a variety of topics, including cultural differences, finding work, and making new friends.
  3. Bali United Forum: This forum is dedicated to the Bali United Football Club, one of the most popular football clubs in Indonesia. Fans can discuss matches, players, and other related topics.
  4. Bali Culture and Travel Forum: This forum is focused on the cultural and travel aspects of Bali, including its history, religion, and festivals. It is a great place to learn more about the island and its rich culture.
These are just a few examples, and there may be other forums that are better suited to your needs. It's a good idea to do some research and find one that is active, has a friendly community, and provides the information you're looking for.
A real "chat" bot: too wordy. 4 bullet points will suffice.

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
I suspect Google is fecked. Who needs a 20000 link list of 99% BS links when you can simply ask the question you want to know the answer to?
Google is absolutely not fucked. ChatGPT is cute and all but it's the AOL version of AI-based search. Google's AI is going to be a million times better as they have the money to make it so. In a couple years, everyone will have forgotten ChatGPT.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Google is absolutely not fucked. ChatGPT is cute and all but it's the AOL version of AI-based search. Google's AI is going to be a million times better as they have the money to make it so. In a couple years, everyone will have forgotten ChatGPT.
You got any more financial advise? https://www.deseret.com/2023/2/9/23...alphabet-just-lost-160-billion-openai-chatgpt
ChatGPT is mostly owed by Micorsoft and neither AI system has access (they say) to the internet BUT the questions we should be asking is why and which company can fund more and might free access to the internet possibly compromise the friendly "feely, touchy" AI into some Skynet vision of the apocalypse from the "Terminator" vision?! One softy engineer from Google was already fired for suggesting the thing was already sentient.

Last edited:

harryopal

May 5, 2016
I recall in the 50s how it was common with newsreels at the flicks to see yet another US rocket exploding on a launch pad. It was usually greeted with cheers. Rocket propulsion has moved along since then so I daresay AI is in that early rocket development phase. A decade from now as systems improve there are really nightmarish implications as AI takes over more and more frontline responses to organizations. At the moment the Australian Mygov systems are serviced by incredibly frustrating website responses when trying to get information. It may take an hour or more to finally speak to a person and even then, as the Robodebt disaster unravelling has shown. the end result for people has often been soul destroying. AI will take on the human task of fielding enquiries across a wide array of organizations government and private. No doubt voice avatars connected with AI will be the main respondents when you and I try to deal with problems. Once AI has declared a position in response to a question this will become absolute and how on earth we will try and get through these layers is beyond me.

Take a good deep breath and good luck as we immerse in the AI revolution.

YachtRock

Nov 2, 2022
Tabanan, Bali
You got any more financial advise? https://www.deseret.com/2023/2/9/23...alphabet-just-lost-160-billion-openai-chatgpt
ChatGPT is mostly owed by Micorsoft and neither AI system has access (they say) to the internet BUT the questions we should be asking is why and which company can fund more and might free access to the internet possibly compromise the friendly "feely, touchy" AI into some Skynet vision of the apocalypse from the "Terminator" vision?! One softy engineer from Google was already fired for suggesting the thing was already sentient.
Funny you say this. Literally 30 minutes after I posted this I read a very interesting article on why Microsoft will beat Google in the AI-race. I guess we'll see what happens. As for more financial advice, my friend Wayan has a few hectare of tanah hijau right next to Uluwatu temple. Super cheap special price for you. Interested?

Reactions: Markit

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I recall in the 50s how it was common with newsreels at the flicks to see yet another US rocket exploding on a launch pad. It was usually greeted with cheers. Rocket propulsion has moved along since then so I daresay AI is in that early rocket development phase. A decade from now as systems improve there are really nightmarish implications as AI takes over more and more frontline responses to organizations. At the moment the Australian Mygov systems are serviced by incredibly frustrating website responses when trying to get information. It may take an hour or more to finally speak to a person and even then, as the Robodebt disaster unravelling has shown. the end result for people has often been soul destroying. AI will take on the human task of fielding enquiries across a wide array of organizations government and private. No doubt voice avatars connected with AI will be the main respondents when you and I try to deal with problems. Once AI has declared a position in response to a question this will become absolute and how on earth we will try and get through these layers is beyond me.

Take a good deep breath and good luck as we immerse in the AI revolution.
The main reason we all find this call center experience so irritating is simply because it very seldom gives us the information we wanted to have or were disconnected after 1/2 hour hanging on the strip. I can't recommend enough giving the ChatGPT a simple go - the fecking thing works! Albeit not perfectly (yet) but a damned sight better than a Bangladeshi call center ever could.