davita

Mar 13, 2012
Anybody know where to buy a typical Bali-look ceiling fan in Bali. I'm thinking of wooden blades maybe with rattan inserts. Any other ideas on a ceiling fan that could make my villa decor more Balinese would be welcome.
I"ve tried all the usual outlets like Ace, Depok Bunganan, Micro etc. but the fans seem too modern style for our decor.
Thank you

Last edited:

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
Hi Davita

If you are looking for something different go and have a look at the Theta Spa ceiling fans in the Ramada Bintang hotel on the beach. Very cool fans ;)

Theta Spa.jpg
(looks better in real)

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Yup! they are cool fans balibule.
Reminds me of old movies about India when the fans were operated by 'punkah wallies' or something like that.
I doubt if my wife is willing to to pull a string front and back all day...she says she has other things to do.........like checking out Facebook!:icon_e_surprised:

Thanks matsaleh...I previously posted a thank-you but it seems to have gone amiss.
Anyway, I'll recheck all the Ace outlets...I was in the Galleria Ace last week but saw limited stock and nearly all Hamilton contemporary looking fans.

Last edited:

jj_balind

Oct 6, 2012
Hi Davita,

A new, very complete, fan store just opened up in Kuta Galleria, the entrance to the store is through lightcom's second floor (Lighting store next to circle K at the front of the Kuta galleria complex). One of the ceiling fans they sell is the one from the Theta spa, its called the Punkah. Besides the Punkah i think there are
at least 5 other fans on their website which might suit your villa decor.

just have a look at their site: fantastik.asia

Regards, JJ

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks very much JJ...i was in the Galleria this afternoon but didn't see this store.
One of those fans I just love..... so will check it out.
many thanks