Canggu school reviews

Manon

Nov 13, 2018
Hi Everyone. We are a family of 5 moving to Bali July/August 2019. We have three sons, who are 2, 4 and 9 years old.
We'll be moving to the Canggu/Tanah Lot area and are on, what by now feels like, a quest to find a nice school for our boys.

We visited Bali Montessori, but, however very nice and vision-wise in line with what we are looking for, didn't feel like the best match for especially our oldest son (who probably needs a bit more structure).
We then payed a visit to CCS, but left with mixed feelings. Very nice campus and the staff seemed very engaged, but it kind of felt like there was a lot of emphasis on 'excellence'. It came across rather competitive and strict (long hours and lots of homework from quite a young age) and almost carried a sense of superiority.
We would love to get to know if this just has been our troubled first impression or that others can relate to this.

If you have any experiences you'd like to share on this or other schooling options in the area, we'd love hear from you.

Thanks,
Manon

Laralea

May 16, 2018
The other options in the area are Sunrise School and Pro Education (of course Green School is world renowned and a lot of kids in the area go there- they have a shuttle, but super expensive). Smaller homeschools with holistic learning and independent academic path development are also an option (what we personally chose), but they are not for everyone. Let me know if you have any other questions (on anything), I have two 10 year old daughters and we live in Berawa near Finns.

Manon

Nov 13, 2018
Hi Laralea! I really appreciate your fast reply. We are definitely open to the other options you mention. In fact, we just arranged a visit to a homeschool near Seseh (which is where we're going to live). I will definitely drop you a message. Thanks!

Amelia1985

Feb 12, 2019
The other options in the area are Sunrise School and Pro Education (of course Green School is world renowned and a lot of kids in the area go there- they have a shuttle, but super expensive). Smaller homeschools with holistic learning and independent academic path development are also an option (what we personally chose), but they are not for everyone. Let me know if you have any other questions (on anything), I have two 10 year old daughters and we live in Berawa near Finns.
Hi Lara- I'm thinking of coming to Berawa for 3 months with my 3 little girls (3,2 and 5 months). Id love to get the 2 and 3 year old in days care... any ideas? Also tips for making mum friends as id be leaving my husband at home during his busy work season. id love to pick your brain if there is an inbox option on here?

Reactions: McAdoo

Laralea

May 16, 2018
Hi Lara- I'm thinking of coming to Berawa for 3 months with my 3 little girls (3,2 and 5 months). Id love to get the 2 and 3 year old in days care... any ideas? Also tips for making mum friends as id be leaving my husband at home during his busy work season. id love to pick your brain if there is an inbox option on here?

Yes, the Garden in Berawa! https://thegardenbali.com Also, you should be able to find me on FB (Lara Roberts) and happy to chat more!

Reactions: McAdoo