Dick Rector

Feb 26, 2011
Sanur Bali Indonesia
I'm not Canadian but do you recognize this?:icon_e_surprised:

Pass this along to Canadians who need a laugh and foreigners who can learn something about Canada and then enjoy a good chuckle.
Let's face it: Canadians are a rare breed.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)
· ​ Floridians shiver uncontrollably.
Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1 ​.​6° C)
· Italian Cars won't start
· Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0° C)
· American water freezes
· Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
· New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season
-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
· Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
· Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-109.9° Fahrenheit (-78.5° C)
· Carbon dioxide freezes makes dry ice.
· Canadians pull down their ear ​ ​flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
· Ethyl alcohol freeze
· Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-459.67° Fahrenheit (-273.15° C)
· Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
· Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
· Hell freezes over.
· The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup

davita

Mar 13, 2012
As a Canuck I can say the above post is funny...Canadians do have a sense of humour...its just that our lips are frozen so you cannot see it.
If we didn't like humour why would we include Newfoundland (Newfies) into Confederation...or permit the Quebecois to bankrupt the country by demanding everything printed in 2 official languages (English and French)...Cantonese and Mandarin are more widely spoken than French.
I take exception to the last comment...Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup 13 times....sadly the last win for anything was in 1967.:icon_e_biggrin:

The population of Canada is approximately 36 million and about 90%+ live within 100 Kms from the USA border. I personally lived 100 metres from a x-border post in British Columbia. I've been across the border literally hundreds of times and the Canadian immigration always ask..."where you live"..."over there" I respond pointing to my house...Duh!

Canada is huge...bigger than the USA but mostly very uninhabitable. Vancouver has a very warm climate average 10degC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Vancouver

It isn't different to Seattle as it rains a lot but rarely gets snow....except at altitudes. Chicago and Detroit get much colder than most populated Canada.

Some ask..."What's the difference between a Canadian and an American?" the answer given "Canadians aren't Americans...Canucks say thank you to ATM machines."...:cupcake:

Forgot to add....Torontarians live all winter underground and that's where the shopping malls are.....but when they retire they come to beautiful scenic British Columbia. Albertans used to come every weekend but the drop in oil prices put the kybosh on that...thank goodness.

Last edited: