Can we pick up Sim card at the airport? & who is the best provider

Gail E

May 28, 2013
Good Morning
Coming over to Bali for 3 weeks in August (with cheese for Markit & No idea!!) We're heading straight to Candidasa - wondered if we could pick up a SIM card at the airport and who would be best provider for internet (mostly) and calls - looking forward to escaping NZ winter!!!!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Gail what kind of phone do you have - I mean can it take regular sims or does it need one of the cut down models like Iphone 5 (preeecccciouuuss) does? You will pass at a rough estimate, 12,000,000 pulsa shops between DumpassR and Candi so take your pick. The internet connections are pretty much all alike (shite!) so probably comes down to where exactly you are staying and the distance to the next mast. Most hotels and Villas now have their own Wifi so perhaps wait and see?

Gail E

May 28, 2013
Good Morning Markit
Peter has an IPhone 4 that takes a cut down SIM card - in India etc, they usually just cut it in the shop when we buy. (My mobil is sooooo old I won't be bringing!! - time for a new one when I get a mo). Wasn't sure if there would be any suppliers up in Candi. Will need one so we can deal with all the bali cottage etc buying stuff. In countdown mode - three weeks til Paradise!! T hanks Gail