Buying a villa in Ungasan

hello111

Aug 15, 2014
Hi There - first post so here goes..

Im just about to commit to buying a leasehold villa in Ungasan for 20 years and was wondering if anyone could shed light on any down side of buying up there? There seems to be a fair amount of properties for sale up there especially within a small radius of about 1km of each other so I was wondering if there was anything happening up there.

Really keen to get feedback

Thx

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Dont know about the banjar if they are good or not , there has been many water problems with pdam , a well will not be a solution because in some cases even at 150m there is no water or only salt water.

I hope your getting it cheap be aware prices a dropping like a stone 50% ++

hello111

Aug 15, 2014
are prices dropping 50+ % in the ungasan area or is it in other areas - I ve not signed ont he dotted line but am close - this is really useful information to have - I noted there was a water shortage up there on the bukit
I might look into other areas if you think prices are dropping in Umalas/ canggu etc etc

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I know property generally in bali is on the slide hence the surfeit of unsold and substantial price drops , at the end of the day its up to the buyer .
I have a few acquaintances who cannot sell and have dropped substantially , with still limited interest, one sold after dropping 55% .
Personally , with the poor build quality and the following high maintenance costs , its a liability in my view .

On a new car here you get a 3 year guarantee on a new house 2 weeks , madness in my view.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
The reality is there is a glut of unsold villas on the market...it doesn't mean that the asking prices reflect the abundance because, for some reason, lowering the price to get the thing sold isn't in the average Indonesian thinking.
Next to my 5 years old house in Kerobokan there are 4 houses, similar to my own, that have been empty since built over 2 years ago. Many people have come to look but not one has been sold. My driver, who chats with the workers, says it's because the developer would lose money by lowering the price as he paid too much for the Hak Milik land at the beginning.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
I know property generally in bali is on the slide hence the surfeit of unsold and substantial price drops , at the end of the day its up to the buyer .

May be true for questionably designed / built villas, but land is my part of Bali (Ubud and surroundings) is still going up in price, not down.

Rayrayzaray

Sep 23, 2012
Did I pay overs for mine in Karangasem ? Don't know , probably but took me six years to find the right place for us .
Many houses , many viewings . Was not an overnight decision and definitely not a decision for the short term .
Love my house and hopefully still love it in 15 years but Bali can the row up variables so who knows where wifey and I will be , hopefully still chilling on the veranda with a cold bintang between surf's.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
May be true for questionably designed / built villas, but land is my part of Bali (Ubud and surroundings) is still going up in price, not down.
ya ubud for the moment is strong , for how long I dont know , the traffic and parking is a nightmare and getting worse , facilities are limited ie general shopping hospitals etc , one of the reasons why ubud is popular is the rice fields culture etc , but unfortunately there is so much construction many are disappearing under concrete.

Its a nice place to see sometimes , but to live there not my cup of tea.

Reactions: sakumabali

Bagus Kusuma

May 31, 2017
Canggu
bagkusuma.site
Good choice to leasehold if you are interested with a nice view and quiet location for relaxing. But I think that area is too isolated for the PDAM to provide their water.
Hi There - first post so here goes..

Im just about to commit to buying a leasehold villa in Ungasan for 20 years and was wondering if anyone could shed light on any down side of buying up there? There seems to be a fair amount of properties for sale up there especially within a small radius of about 1km of each other so I was wondering if there was anything happening up there.

Really keen to get feedback

Thx
By the way, I am working on water company and I can help you to realize your commitment, my boss is from Aussie & we are working for expat. Feel free to contact me and I will come directly to you with my team and explain more about water solutions for you, the site visit is free of charge.
Business Card.jpg