Business Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
Hi People

This is Murthy From India I'm a authorized reseller for a mobile brand.and Invested in cousins Food And Beverage Business I take active part in his business.i invested around 70% in their business It's a small homemade burger and sandwich joint.Now i Would like to start the same in Bali. And wishing to settle down in Bali along with my parents.im thinking to incorporate a pma company and obtain work visas and after Obtaining all necessary Documents I'll start the business hopefully.i have a local Indonesian friend so he will support me if it's necessary please suggest me Am I going in correct way or am I risking to start business in Bali? Waiting to hear suggestions

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
It's tough and getting tougher here. Especially with the ongoing volcano situation. People are more desperate, chasing after a smaller number of customers. Government are getting more strict with licences, visas and taxes.

Good luck. My suggestion would be something online that has nothing to do with Bali but you can run from anywhere.

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
My mobile reselling business is best I can work from anywhere .I just need high-speed data and local bank support.but something I want to do physically As I spend most of time with my online business I'm getting bored easily in home .so I want to venture something is different and want to do physical business.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Absolutely agree with Spicy..
Bali, indeed Indonesia, does not make it easy for foreigners to open a business, do any form of work, etc...they are xenophobic in that way.
Best save your money until you have an absolute feel for your business and local people to partner in your venture.

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
For example if I open company with my Indonesian friend as primary director and if I become 2nd director will it be fine.? To avoid any issues or delays from govt side?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
For example if I open company with my Indonesian friend as primary director and if I become 2nd director will it be fine.? To avoid any issues or delays from govt side?

To open a company/business in Indonesia, which includes a foreigner even as a partner, requires some knowledge of the business structure which is beyond the normal forum members ability to adequately explain.
Here is a reference you may wish to start your research.....http://www.expat.or.id/business/companyestablishment.html

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
Ok so for example if I come and live Bali for 2-3 months. Research about marketing and feasibility then start business . And probably at the time I can understand rules and regulations over there

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Re: post # 7
That might be a good start. However, you will need a visa to stay in Bali that long...have you researched what visas are available?

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
Indians can stay 30 days visa on arrival.later that can be extended upto 60 days .so total I can stay 3 months approximately if I still want to stay there need to make short trip to Singapore or Malaysia .

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Indians can stay 30 days visa on arrival.later that can be extended upto 60 days .so total I can stay 3 months approximately if I still want to stay there need to make short trip to Singapore or Malaysia .

Not quite right Hrasha.
You can get a free 30 day Visa on Arrival (VOA) which isn't extendible....or
a 30 day paid (US$35) VOA which can be extended a further 30 days (US$35) for a total of 60 days.
However, you can also get a 60 day visa by applying in the Indonesia Embassy/Consul nearest where you live in India. This isn't supposed to be extendible but I know of many who get a sponsor while in Bali and the visa is extended monthly up to 6 months total.

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
If your country is listed under list 2.) below and eligible for Visa on Arrival, you can get a VOA at the airport and extend it in Bali once (+30 days). Or you apply for a 60 days B-211 tourist/social visa in an Indonesian Embassy abroad.This is what I got from Bali.com

davita

Mar 13, 2012
If your country is listed under list 2.) below and eligible for Visa on Arrival, you can get a VOA at the airport and extend it in Bali once (+30 days). Or you apply for a 60 days B-211 tourist/social visa in an Indonesian Embassy abroad.This is what I got from Bali.com

in post #9 you said..."Indians can stay 30 days visa on arrival.later that can be extended upto 60 days .so total I can stay 3 months approximately." That is incorrect..

Be aware there are 2 types of VOA... 'a paid one (extendable)' and... 'a free one (non-extendable)'...when you arrive at the airport there is a kiosk to purchase the paid extendable VOA or you just go thru' immigration and get the free non-extendable VOA.
Remember also that Indonesia counts the day of arrival as day 1 so you must exit by day 30...or pay a large fine for each overstay day.

The B-211 visa you apply for as a Tourist does not need a sponsor from Indonesia...the B-211 Sosial visa needs a sponsor.

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for clarification.i have legal entity in Russia.I have a Plan to go russia.but what I feel Bali Will be good as it's a tourist attraction if we work hard and if our business is unique than others there is scope to succeed.and may parents would love to settle in Bali .If I get some clarification regarding doing business in Bali .my father will apply retirement visa.so I'm considering Bali only.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
You will get more information about doing business in Bali from others than from myself, but if you come you will notice that there are not many Indian restaurants. Now there isn't much business as well because of the volcanic eruption.
Once the fear of the volcano dies down and business returns to more normal activity things will change. There seems to be an upswing in Indian tourists over the last couple years that hasn't been noticeable before. Since I for one enjoy Indian food and go to Indian restaurants also notice more Indian trade there (prior to the volcano). There is also a new Indian shop on one of the main tourist areas on Sunset Road.
For me that is good news because it means an opportunity to buy Indian foods I can cook at home.
The typical restaurant of all kinds that cater to tourists in Bali serve very small portions of food whereas the Indian restaurants in Seattle where I am from sell inexpensive food buffet style and are doing well. Maybe that same concept would work in Bali and be successful. There are many expatriate customers as well as tourists in Bali and they will attend restaurants that will serve good food in adequate portions at a decent price, and continue to return.
Come and take a look and see for your self, but take advice from others more knowledgable than myself concerning the hazards of doing business in Bali. The greed and bureaucracy can be a nightmare for foreign start-ups.
Good Luck.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Hrasha...thank you for my laugh of the day.
I wish you all the best with your burgers/sandwich ‘business’. Good luck (you’ll’ need lots of that).

In the unlikely event that you somehow pull this off, (after setting up and paying for a PMA), you’re going to have to sell many millions of burgers just to break even.
Ok so for example if I come and live Bali for 2-3 months. Research about marketing and feasibility then start business . And probably at the time I can understand rules and regulations over there….but what I feel Bali Will be good as it's a tourist attraction if we work hard and if our business is unique than others there is scope to succeed.and may parents would love to settle in Bali .If I get some clarification regarding doing business in Bali .my father will apply retirement visa.so I'm considering Bali only.
You’re not allowed to do ‘work-related stuff’ on any VOA or Tourist Visa. You need a business visa for that, (which also doesn’t allow you to ‘work’ per se).
What are you thinking of calling your place? Raja’s Burgers?

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
For your Information I didn't said I can work in Bali with voa. I just said I'll stay there to think about feasibility.and possibilities I know about my capabilities and I can make breakeven within few days. and No my burger name is Praise the USA Burgers .not Rajas Shit burger

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Sorry if I've rained on your parade.
Thanks for the extra laugh of the day:
...and I can make breakeven within few days. and No my burger name is Praise the USA Burgers .not Rajas Shit burger

"Praise the USA Burgers"?
You're on a 'winner' with that one.
More good luck to you...

o_O

Hrasha

Jan 10, 2018
Yes,the Word Used by you It's Like Criticizing Values and Traditions Of Indians. No One In India Never Name Their Burger Store as "Raja's" Burgers. So in sarcastic Manner I said Praise the USA Burger's.End This Conversion Please Not All Indians Don't Name thier Business with Old Traditional Names. please Remember that. And Yes Thanks for Your GoodLuck Wishes I'm already blessed by God That's Why I'm running a successful Business.

Reactions: Raw Sketch

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
...That's Why I'm running a successful Business.
What, selling burgers in Russia?

I am not criticizing values and traditions of Indians. I've been to India a few times, from Kalkuta, New Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, and (god forbid...Gorakhpur). IMHO, going to India is like a journey into one's self. Poverty, beggars galore, cows in railway stations, sadhus taking a crap in public, rich Indians treating poor Indians like they're not human, insane electricity wiring, and there were even real elephants in Delhi, sometimes, etc.
I might even go back to extend my comprehension of the incomprehensible. If I arrive there on an Indian VOA, can I open a fish 'n chip shop, or maybe a Pie Plaza on Connaught Place?

I am more than happy to 'End This Conversion', which you started. Some of us have tried to 'enlighten you', the rest is up to you.
One last thing: davita's clip of 'I Eat Burgers Hero: Raja Burger'... priceless, and that's from within Indonesia (I think).
How about Gaja Burgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.