Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Thanks for but how do find them?

Just travel around and ask the locals - Sideman is a good agricultural place to start but pretty much anywhere in the countryside is good. Also you can go to restos that advertise organic food and ask them for their suppliers.

The more westernized your tastes are the higher you will have to go - Kintamani is one of the best temperate growing areas on the island and you will find lots of western fruits and veg there - don't hope for much in the way of organic as the creepy-crawlies here are voracious.

Last edited:

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Just travel around and ask the locals

Alright, there's no denying it now. Markit's officially gone mad. Next you'll be asking locals to point out where you are on a map. Bah!

Someone take him around the back and distract him with some cheese. I'll go get the rifle.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Ok DPH I might have been stretching it there a bit but it's what i do and with a bit of patience and practice I've found that it works.

May I ask for a well aged Gouda, first?

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
. . . a bit of patience . . .

"Doctor, it's worse than we thought."

OK, that's enough of me trying to be funny.

My prediction is, without realising it, the OP will get half way through a land transaction (no road access, no certificate, not even actually for sale and definitely not owned by their new found "friend") before they cotton on that they're not really talking to an organic farmer.

That being said, if you're new to Bali, it'll be an adventure of sorts. You'll just need more than a "bit of patience", that's all.