Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Just paid 2juta for 50 kilos of chlorine for the pool and was wondering if anyone knows where I can bulk buy it better?

I'm not really after cheaper, that would of course be nice but I get these really sturdy and well made plastic buckets (see picture) every time that I'd like to stop getting or re-use or find a different use for if possible.

Any ideas?IMG_3557.jpg

YPDN

Jul 30, 2016
Been there, done that.

I tried to re-use a container, hoping someone had a big bulk chlorine.
But, no. You get a new container each time whether you want it or not. The klor retailers buy them in, and sell them to people like us. Consider them as widgets.

As soon as one is empty at home I get the gardener to wash it out and dry it in the sun and then lock it away in a storage room.
The first 4 I bought - I only had 2 empties. I went thru the exercise of asking where are the other 2?
Of course, nobody had any idea.

The last 3 I bought were 1.7jt each, delivered.
I go thru one every 7 months, approx.

2jt sounds like someone extra is in the middle there. Why am I not surprised.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Been there, done that.

The last 3 I bought were 1.7jt each, delivered.
I go thru one every 7 months, approx.

2jt sounds like someone extra is in the middle there. Why am I not surprised.

Please share your contact and his telephone number and I'll happily replace your two missing buckets if you wish?

I live in the far- east of Bali hence the price differential I'm hoping...

YPDN

Jul 30, 2016
Please share your contact and his telephone number

No need to give me 2 empties but thanks for the gesture. I have enough spares now.

Contact these 2 places:

Chlorine Purchases

50kg 90-klor Lovina Meat Shop (it's on the main road nearby the bridge) - Terry (he is the manager), and his wife calls herself something named after a Yamaha scooter name
50kg 90-klor Banyu Bening, Kaliasem (Komang - she is quite chatty)

I usually go to the Meat Shop because I can also buy meat products there at the same time. I arrange the purchase, get the kuitansi, then send Kadek to collect.