Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
maybe the "Beast of the East" has a soft spot for the "Mouth of the South " :icon_razz:

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
IT AINT COOL...IT AINT NECESSARY to call you a 'DICK'
So I do apologise to you Markit... * rolling eyes *

David C is it COOL to call Markit 'mouth of the south' OR ' beast of the East '..?

David Collins

Nov 19, 2012
Lea, that's classic!!!! :)))))))))

You state your judgment with; "of course I thought he was a total 'dickhead'."
I comment on your words with; "not questioning good advice, questioning the being a dick part."
You then accuse me of name calling.

I'm guessing you have a strained relationship with logic or you're trolling???

That was funny though.

Last edited:

Lea

Jun 11, 2012
Strained relationship with logic..?

Trolling...?

IT AINT COOL AND IT AINT NECESSARY DAVID C...

David Collins

Nov 19, 2012
Perhaps I read reply #43 prior to cup of coffee #2 and took offense where none existed...thank God I edited out the insults.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
KEMBALI KE LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the original topic folks. I am sure David Collins and Markit are big enough and world-wise enough to take care of themselves, without any help from the rest of us. Because people don't agree one one topic doesn't mean they are sworn enemies (ala Don Corleone) in every other thread on here. We are all here because we either want information, or have information to impart, on the thread topic. I for one am glad that both Markit and David are here.

So, lay back, let loose, and do as Bob Mcferrin said Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube ....... (choose the character in the video clip that you want to be) .....

:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
We don't have the same ethical stance here about building on paddy land as it seems in bali...but i agree, do not build on it unless you really have to...only so much land on earth after all......build around it and include it where possible.

We have the equivelent....conversion of are to rai....or vice versan actually...if I have the conversion correct...circa 112 are...all of it rice fields and I had designed a house to sit smack bang in the middle, on stilits and the fields become the landscaped garden.

Didn't quite get around to it, but now currently building a shed on it to house all our crap while we leave this place....so we enroached on circa 180sqm of rice land to build this shed still surrounded with rice land.

Wonder if Indo and Bali has this same fixation as here to 'raise' the level of any land bought with fill by about 1m at least....happens everywhere and is both an eyesore and a nightmare.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
In the spirit of fairness and never being too fecking old to learn (and doubting that anyone gives a rat's ass) I'd like to mention that I recently ran into a very interesting and intelligent young woman of around 25 and I thought it would be good to share what I learned here as it contradicts many of the comments I've made over the years re Bali schools.

She told me that contrary to here Balinese education at The Bali International School
(BALI ISLAND SCHOOL) being bad
it was a wonderful time for her where she learned all she needed to get on in her life and carry her education further. She graduated here in Bali with the internationally respected IB (International Baccalaureate) and went on to get her degree at Nottingham University in the UK which she is now using to work here in her capacity as biology teacher. Her IB was eminently transferable and she had no difficulty with changing to the English system (other than the awful grub).

Hope this helps anyone in the future and I would be grateful for further information about Bali international standard schooling.

Amazon

May 3, 2016
Building in the East Of Bali

Hi we have land in Jasri and looking for a local builder has anyone got any contacts. Cheers

Amazon

May 3, 2016
Hi Marit have been following you on the forum would love to catch up as we are planning to build in Jasri and need some helpful advise. We will be in Candidasa in late June Cheers Amazon

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I will be back from my travels around then too so PM me when you are about to arrive. Where are you staying or are you looking for a place?

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
Hi Marit have been following you on the forum would love to catch up as we are planning to build in Jasri and need some helpful advise. We will be in Candidasa in late June Cheers Amazon

Great idea to catch up
He is a wealth of information and you get it how it really is.
If you were thinking of bringing him a present just to let you now he loves puppies.

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
I agree with Gilbert,Australia along with my own country ( Usa ) are both rated about the mid 20`s in the ratings of worldwide education standards,i believe Japan and South Korea are tops,so it makes sence to think that an Indonesian International school education is better because the bar is not set very high ?