Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Thank you balibule.

We are comming over the end of the month for 3 weeks so we shall go take a look.

Markit, I understand in the western world they throw painting parties by owners of new homes.
Are you interested to attend a digging / block laying party ? I think it will take long enough that we can still whisky from the spring as mode of payment...

You should have offered a few kg of well aged afghan goat cheese. Or maybe just the well aged afghan goat?

bakung

May 4, 2011
I am looking into building a swimming pool the size being about 16 x 5 mtrs, anybody had one built and the average cost of such a project, also any good recommended firms or contact details of builders would be appreciated.

Well 3 months later its done and quite happy with it and came in under the budget with no corners cut ( excuse the pun ).
Not really any problems only when the concrete trucks came to pour it with the extension pump as it was a bit tricky with being in a small gang and the gate not being wide enough but they got it don 29.5 cubic metres in 1.5 hours poured.
IMG_0548.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg
If anybody is interested in getting one built or get a quote i can highly reccomend the guy i used so if want his details let me know.

seanmack

Jul 29, 2014
so whats todays pool building rates for a rectangle pool 13x6x1.6 skimmer box type price wise been quoted crazy prices.. I'm thinking 8 wks max as i have access for excavator on site???

seanmack

Jul 29, 2014
wanting the green stone most pools i see got quoted 100,000 M2 have pool gear coming from Australia as i can get cost( hey ward ). Surly labour costs couldn't be that much. volume of pool is 135m2 ruffly

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Be careful with the green stone (Bali Green) as much of it now is just cement with some stones thrown in and green dye. The real deal is complete nonconformist - most pieces look completely different with completely different shades of green and various inclusions (rocks and forms in it). Why would you go to all the effort and expense of bringing from Oz? After you've had the customs hassle I'm sure there won't be any difference in cost - just go to the guys on the Bypass in Sanur and get a quote. They will also back their products with advise and service (not so much guarantee).

If you can get a pool built for 13.5 million then good luck. That's just over $1000 - you can't get a barbecue for that money...

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Good info on this thread about pools in Bali.

I'm a little confused about what is the difference between a balance tank and skimmer type pools.

My pool has a flapper skimmer where surface water goes thru a simple plastic filter before being pressure pumped thru' the sand filter and back to the pool. My friend's pool overflows the edge then drains to a 'balance' tank before being pressure pumped thru' the sand filter back to the pool.

Is one superior to the other?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
To break the surface tension on top of an overflow pool i.e. after it's been standing still over night, for instance, you need to pump significant amounts of water into it before it will overflow again - hence the need for a balancing tank. Also when it rains you don't want your pool to simply flood over do you?

Overflow is purdier pardner and sounds nice. Skimmers just gulp like a drowning hippo the whole time.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks Markit..I get it.
An overflow or negative edge pool will need a balance tank. A simpler pool just uses the skimmer to collect leaves etc.

We've had so much rain recently my pool guy has had to release water into the 'drainage'.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Hi davita

Phil Wilson ("Mr Fixit") has been writing about swimming pools lately in his regular column in The Bali Advertiser, called Fixed Abode.
He has some interesting and useful information that you might like to look at.
You can usually skip his first couple of paragraphs because they don't seem to relate to the serious stuff that follows (Irish humour?)

baliadvertiser.biz

:icon_wink:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Whichever type of pool you build design either the skimmer or the overflow to be opposite the prevailing wind direction. Not immediately obvious (at least to me) but you want the wind to blow all the crap towards the cleaning facility.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Hi davita

Phil Wilson ("Mr Fixit") has been writing about swimming pools lately in his regular column in The Bali Advertiser, called Fixed Abode.
He has some interesting and useful information that you might like to look at.
You can usually skip his first couple of paragraphs because they don't seem to relate to the serious stuff that follows (Irish humour?)

baliadvertiser.biz

:icon_wink:

Thanks JC... I have seen his column (very informative and amusing) but the Bali Advertisers disappear fast...the only time I get to see is when I'm in a pub.....will check out the .biz version.