Bringing prescription medication into Bali

balivirgin

Nov 10, 2010
Hello,

I'm travelling from Perth (Australia) to Bali this Friday for a 4-day holiday with friends.

I am bringing 2 forms of prescription medication with me on my trip (both are prescribed to me personally, in my name). They are:

i) Desmopressin Minirin 200 mcg tablets; AND
ii) Proscar tablets

(you can Google these both to find out more information on each).

How can I check if these drugs are illegal, legal (over the counter), or legal (prescription only) in Bali? I've contacted the the nearest Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in Perth, who couldn't tell me anything

Will there be any issues with me bringing either of these prescription medications with me on my trip? I have both of the medications in their original boxes, with my name on the prescription label, and also the repeat for the prescription itself (also in my name).

Any answers or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Hello,

Will there be any issues with me bringing either of these prescription medications with me on my trip? I have both of the medications in their original boxes, with my name on the prescription label, and also the repeat for the prescription itself (also in my name).

Any answers or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Based on my personal experience, you have all of your bases covered. There were times when I had to take so many pills, my luggage looked like a mini-Pharma (luckily, it's no longer the case), and I tried, as much as possible, to do exactly like you are doing: original medicine boxes w/name on prescription label, and even some of the doctors' prescriptions. When it happened that I was stopped going through customs, for a routine check (or maybe because I may have looked suspicious :icon_sad:), I was NEVER questioned about my medicines. So, as far I am concerned, you are doing the right thing, just in case, but you should have NO problems.

balivirgin

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks for the quick response tintin :)

And thank you for the re-assurance. I'm glad to hear that you never had any problems!

I can relax now :)

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I have a friend who always brings a pharmacopeia of prescription drugs from Australia. Indonesian Customs advised that he must present a letter from his doctor, stating his various medical conditions and the drugs prescribed.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
I take 11 pills a day and have brought months of supplies without problems and without any letters but what Mats says is the best advice to ensure a hassle free trip. One thing though is that you can buy almost all prescription drugs from the pharmacy anyhow:icon_biggrin:

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
From time to time people brings to our Foundation bags of medications from Spain and they never had any problems with that.
For my child as well I have to bring medication and apart of keep the medication on the luggage we never have any problems in 5 years.