Brilliant traffic solutions?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
With ever increasing numbers of people, motorbikes, cars, trucks and whatever it is hard to see solutions for all the problems that go with this.
The long stretch of Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran has completed a process of better sealing of the road and thebroken and dangerous footpaths are now well laid. (More or less.)
This has made the footpaths much more attractive to motorcyclists. As a pedestrian I take care and do not change direction precipitously and most motorcyclists will go back on the road when they see you coming. Of course there is also the hazard of parked cars and repair shops who see the footpath as an extension of their work place so that one has to step onto road to get around them. Apart from allowing pedestrians to carry guns and being allowed to shoot those using footpaths improperly it hard to imagine things getting better. Brilliant ideas anyone?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: YachtRock

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
With ever increasing numbers of people, motorbikes, cars, trucks and whatever it is hard to see solutions for all the problems that go with this.
The long stretch of Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaras has completed a process of better sealing of the road and thebroken and dangerous footpaths are now well laid. (More or less.)
This has made the footpaths much more attractive to motorcyclists. As a pedestrian I take care and do not change direction precipitously and most motorcyclists will go back on the road when they see you coming. Of course there is also the hazard of parked cars and repair shops who see the footpath as an extension of their work place so that one has to step onto road to get around them. Apart from allowing pedestrians to carry guns and being allowed to shoot those using footpaths improperly it hard to imagine things getting better. Brilliant ideas anyone?
During dark hours, wear highviz vest with blinking LED lights! Or get yourself a blinking LED wand to fend off the motorists!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The long stretch of Jalan Uluwatu in Jimbaran has completed a process of better sealing of the road and thebroken and dangerous footpaths are now well laid. (More or less.)
Allow the police to make on-the-spot fines and then to pocket the proceeds. I promise the problem will be sorted within one month.

Reactions: YachtRock

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
The main issue now is that police think they've found the ultimate solution for their laziness, given that the government has cracked down on bakshish so they can't earn extra from their work. Automated cameras to record violations, so there is no more law enforcement on the street. For example, I have not seen a single police traffic stop in Ubud for at least the past six months, despite the fact that the majority of foreigners (and some locals as well), are helmet less and without proper SIMs (at least the foreigners).. And there are no automated cameras in Ubud, only one in South Mas that is obviously not working yet and constantly flashes, much to the annoyance of those prone to epilepsy. It's a completely lawless situation now in Central Bali. Anarchists are loving life here... Nah Markit, forget the police... They've left the building.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Nah Markit, forget the police... They've left the building.
Actually the police has not "left the building". They are all to be found inside the buildings!

I was asking myself the same question as I never see any police around. Then I visited one of the main police stations in Denpasar to get myself a SIM. Turned out the building was chockablock of police milling-hanging around!

If the cash flow from tourists is cut off, new income streams must be developed. The electronic system is set up with offices also here in Bali full of police looking through footage and typing in the fines online.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
I had to leave out the last sentence mentioning something about b-a-c-k-d-o-o-r, as I was not allowed to post!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I had to leave out the last sentence mentioning something about b-a-c-k-d-o-o-r, as I was not allowed to post!
I keep hoping that THE NEW OWNERS OF THIS FUCKED UP WEBSITE will actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE STATE OF THIS FUCKED UP WEBSITE....?