Breaking The Five Year Kitas.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Just scroll on down and join the confusion, complaining and obfuscation in the eternal pursuit of truth seeking below on the screen. Then after reading all the posts you are enlightened please share it.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Maybe you could provide more details, like why you want to break the visa. I can only imagine that if you stop the visa for some reason, like exiting the country without a re-entry permit then you have to start back at year 1.

If you exit the country with a valid re-entry permit (MERP) then the visa should remain valid for a certain period. I am not sure how long exactly, but your agent should be able to advise.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
To keep your visa valid you only need to be in Indonesia one day every 12 months.
Or hand your visa in and leave but you start from day one if want the visa again.
Hope that answers your question.

Reactions: admin

mooching

Dec 17, 2010
QLD
Hi guy's, thanks for your input. The person I would like to run this by at my agents is unavailable for a while so thought I would run it through you guys. I'm in my 4th year and due to a family situation will have to leave for a while. I don't know for sure if I'll be back in time to start my 5th year. Was wondering if I will be pulled up by immigration when I return and haven't activated the 5th year of my visa.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
You need to ring Immigration in Jakarta before your visa expires, Tell them the story why you cannot return on time.
They will send telex to your nearest embassy with a extension to the date you tell them that you will return.
it costs money but a lot less then starting over.

mooching

Dec 17, 2010
QLD
Thanks Fred, I'll give that a try. Once I've spoke to my agent, I'll let you guy's know what alternatives they come up with.

mooching

Dec 17, 2010
QLD
When you say starting the process over again Fred2, do you mean the 5yr retirement Kitas. As i didn't intend to do another 5yrs when this one was completed.

mooching

Dec 17, 2010
QLD
I have been given the option of paying 9 mill for my visa before leaving or pay 7 mill five hundred to cancel my final year.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I have been given the option of paying 9 mill for my visa before leaving or pay 7 mill five hundred to cancel my final year.
You don't need to cancel your final year, if you haven't started the process for it yet. Just apply for an EPO (exit permit only) and leave the country. When and if you come back, you can start with a new retirement Kitas.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
According to my "warden" agent a person can only break out of the 5 year process if they are married to an Indonesian citizen. Otherwise you must complete the 5 years.