G

Gurkha

Markit - I had a bread maker that has just been sold, complete with paddle and all the other bits. I tried it but the quality of the bread was just not the same as handmade bread; to which I have returned.
Did you try 'Pantry Magic' ( Pantry Magic Bali ) Unlike Ace, Carrefour etc., they actually give good service and if they don't have a bread maker in stock, they will get one for you. The staff actually know what they are selling and don't stand around with that sort of gormless look that appears to be infectious in Ace, Carrefour etc.)

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Well that too..

We have a 44 gallon drum....

Just that an oven is easy, plugged in and away ya go....thought it may suit markits demeanor more than being creative and firing up a manual cooker.....I could be wrong of course.

In fact....we have often imported over here from Oz an outback tradition....we sit in the rice fields...when its dry....light a fire, boil the billy and cook damper on a stick, then pour honey down the hole.......outstanding.

Markit should try that one.

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
maybe markit would pour honey down the wrong hole ?
possible get no.idea to give directions on that lol

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
IMG_0603.jpg

Our 5th loaf of absolutely wonderful, crusty white bread. This is the 1kilo model. Examples 1 and 3 didn't go so well as missus was so eager (hardly recognized her) for her fix of "coffee bread" that she buggered up the yeast bit - poured it on top of boiling butter and ended up with flat bread.

Thanks to Gurkha for the tip about Pantry Magic in Kuta they were great (and pretty!) so will be returning as often as I am allowed.

Bought their Kenwood 350 bread machine for 2.3 juta. Actually about the same price in Europe.

Happy as Larry (whoever he is?)

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Ice-cream Bread

Ingredients

1 pint (2 cups) ice cream, softened $
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

Preparation

Stir together ice cream and flour, stirring just until flour is moistened. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
Note: Batter may also be divided evenly between 2 greased and floured 5- x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.

Ice-cream Bread Recipe | MyRecipes.com

G

Gurkha

Happy to help! If there is anything else with which I can help - barbecues, dogs, vintage BMW motor bikes, revolutions, halal pork, biltong, drilling for oil, sanctions busting, bridge destruction, lateral thinking etc. Just let me know.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
No problems. Smoke called around today and did it with his teeth. Wonderfully helpful people those Yanks.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Just like how we do it in New Zealand

SAM_4199.JPG

SAM_4198.JPG