davita

Mar 13, 2012
I've heard conflicting stories that the Indonesian equivelant of social medical benefits BPJS is available for foreign Kitas/Kitap holders...yet others say it isn't.
Does any foreigner living in RI on Kitas/Kitap have BPJS cover and how to get it?

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
yap I have , you need kitas or kitap , go to the office in renon close to immigration , with the usual relevant copies passport kitas etc , takes a while an hour or so , works well and they dont kick you out of cover, like the private insurances if you get to a certain age or if you have an expensive condition , A good system

davita

Mar 13, 2012
It's no longer available for those on Retirement Kitas, only for working or spouse sponsored Kitas.

Thanks Mats....That appears to be the cause of conflicting information.
A foreigner working in RI for more than 6 months is obliged to join and, when introduced previously, some retirement visa holders were issued.......but I think they slipped thru' a crack in the regulations.
I hope we can be proved wrong but doubt it.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
when i enrolled a year ago i was on retirement kitas , maybe the rules have changed now

davita

Mar 13, 2012
when i enrolled a year ago i was on retirement kitas , maybe the rules have changed now

Thanks for the info tel522...that prompted my OP. I've heard those conflicting stories and, so far, have not heard of any definitive answer re; what is the rule today.
Does you card need to be renewed or does it last for ever so long as you contribute?

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I have two friends, both on Retirement Kitas, who have applied in the past couple of months. Both were told the same thing: Not available any longer for Retirement Kitas holders.

@borborigmus care to comment?

Last edited by a moderator:

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I was at bpjs 2 weeks ago , because they kindly stopped the dd for me and my wife , they said they wished to update data , at the office they told my wife the rules were changing , she is wni , pensioners now will not be accepted for bpjs only kitas working .

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I was at bpjs 2 weeks ago , because they kindly stopped the dd for me and my wife , they said they wished to update data , at the office they told my wife the rules were changing , she is wni , pensioners now will not be accepted for bpjs only kitas working .

Just to confirm tel522...are you saying that BPJS is no longer available for those on a Retirement Kitas/Kitap. Also, what did they say about those on a Spousal Kitas/Kitap?

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
In the denpasar bpjs office they told my missus , people on retirement visa would not have access to bpjs , they did not say which visa type .
Re married kitas / kitap they were a bit grey on this, Im on married kitap, they said because I was an early joiner , ie a couple of months after inception , I was lucky to still have access , I understood it was my right because marriage but maybe things are changing , or maybe it is a miscommunication as happens with pns staff.

If anyone knows different please post, as it is an important issue .