Billion dollar whale

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I hope everyone had a nice holiday/Christmas.

I read this book over the holidays and couldn't help reading and watching videos more about the story: https://www.amazon.com/Billion-Dollar-Whale-Fooled-Hollywood/dp/031643650X

The book is about a Malaysian guy Jho Low, who basically ripped off the Malaysian government/people of billions of dollars. You may recall even when they found and confiscated his yacht when he came to Bali. I believe he is still on the run.

The book reads like a Hollywood thriller and I am sure a movie will come out at some point. Mabye DiCaprio will play himself?

The author of this blog http://www.sarawakreport.org/ also wrote a book and covers the various issues about the 1MDB scandal in more depth. If this is going on in Malaysia I am sure it is happening to the rainforests in Indo also, which makes me sad and even sadder that no one is writing about it (at least that I am aware of).

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Clare Rewcastle Brown, editor of the Sarawak Report deserves a Nobel Peace prize. The role of the Report in exposing Razak, Jho Low and that whole corrupt gang was an astonishing achievement. Given the ruthless mindset of that gang of crooks it is also amazing that Clare Rewcastle Brown hasn't been bumped off. With that. the amounts of money held by these crooks can buy so much leverage and legal muscle that it could be years before they finally are brought to justice and I daresay there are a lot of accessories who will slither away and never get to trial.

Forest Bather

Sep 17, 2016
Clare Rewcastle Brown, editor of the Sarawak Report deserves a Nobel Peace prize. The role of the Report in exposing Razak, Jho Low and that whole corrupt gang was an astonishing achievement. Given the ruthless mindset of that gang of crooks it is also amazing that Clare Rewcastle Brown hasn't been bumped off. With that. the amounts of money held by these crooks can buy so much leverage and legal muscle that it could be years before they finally are brought to justice and I daresay there are a lot of accessories who will slither away and never get to trial.

couldn't agree more. amazing what Ms Brown went through to be instrumental in getting this scam exposed. such tenacity and courage. will be a better world with more people like her.