Best way to buy Smart Phone in Bali?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Some while ago I was told by a mobile phone "doctor" that contemporary phones are basically designed to last about one year. And then there's the slick marketing to have you feel that your new phone is already obsolete the moment you walk out the door.

My wife has a Samsung that seems it really doesn't want to work anymore so I have told her to get a new Smart Phone and if the upper end gives better value for money to spend more. I have seen websites recommended for on line buying in Indonesia and also references to some stores that carry good ranges at okay prices. Interested to know what others would recommend... on line or store purchase? And which website or store?

(I will post this on the Forumexpat indo site as I daresay there are Jakarta residents who may have recommendations.)

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Last edited:

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
I think you have to decide on what functions you need from your phone , and buy a suitable model from a reputable manufacturer with of course a good service backup, we have recently purchased another samsung with a higher internal memory for our work , including fotos and waze location finder , and lte enabled for faster speeds.
At the same time we bought a " dumb pone " from nokia for phone calls only , the more they pack on to these smart phones the worse the reception is and of course battery life , glass fronted phones in particular apple and samsung have been tested to have some of the worst reception for signal , which gives the usual dropped calls etc .

BTW the nokia is brilliant , call quality and volume, good antenna for weak reception areas , long battery life , 280k a bargain !

Last edited:
Reactions: spicyayam