Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
Just for those interested the best swell to hit Bali this year and maybe the last couple started pounding the Bukit this morning. I am still a few days away from leaving Oz and have been checking the live web cam, provided by Bali Belly, at Bingin periodically throughout today. It is a glorious sight, groomed long period swell marching in.
If you want just go to Bali Belly page, click on Cams and then Bingin and enjoy.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
My wife just received info from her friend, a meteorologist, to say that a huge storm in the Indian ocean will bring BIG waves to Bali this weekend...so rather than encourage surfers I'd suggest some fair warning.
I've cancelled a lunch near the beach tomorrow...I'm not a fan of being drowned. I get out of our pool as soon as the pump starts and creates a ripple.:icon_eek:

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
The BIG waves are there already davit I've been tracking the storm for 6 days now and it's a beauty, nearly the size of Australia. It's produced Indian Ocean swells of up to 60ft that have been making their way up into Indonesia.
I'd certainly be advising extremely fit, knowledgeable and experienced surfers only enter the ocean for the next few days but to see Mother nature in full cry then find a spot to dine up on a cliff somewhere (Uluwatu?) and enjoy the spectacle. :icon_eek:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Good idea steve...we'll go to Blue Point resto for lunch on the cliff at Uluwatu. Should be safe enough up there. I know the owner of Echo Beach pub and he says last time they had something like that the waves came over his wall and swept his deck furniture back into the ocean...lucky they are all made of wood and he recovered them.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We took Steve's advice and went to Blue Point Uluwatu...problem is so did every other bugger...it was packed. The swell was huge and I talked with a surfer guy who had flown from OZ just for the weekend, as he'd heard it would be great.
We were up high on the cliff so surfers were like dots in the water but we could see some were surfing for at least a mile before falling off the wave.

Also great was the perving of bikini clad girls but the smell of silicone was evident...:icon_wink:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Pictures? (not of the waves, fool!)

Take pics of girls in bikinis with my wife watching....I'm a yellow-bellied coward and know that she just got a new set of kitchen knives using her Hypermart coupons....I'd rather keep what little I've got thanks...:grumpy:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
A couple of years ago some friends from Seattle visited us in Bali...one (Bill) took a beginner's course on Legian beach on 'how to surf'
I wrote the following email to them last night explaining....

"There was a big storm out in the Indian Ocean which has created huge waves on Bali's south-west coast. Yesterday we went to lunch at Blue Point where the surfing looked magnificent....I imagined Bill with arms out-stretched, assuming the surfer's pose, then hurtling under those huge waves for a mile before falling off the top in a glorious dive yelling "Eureka!".....or maybe he yelled "Help...I've **** myself!" .....:icon_e_biggrin:
Hard to hear with the rolling waves shattering on the beach.

Thought it might make some smiles.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Davita (he says in his deep, understanding but reproving voice) I'm gonna try and break this to you as softly as your mum did when she told you that playing with you dicky-die-du in public isn't the right thing for big boys to do no matter how much fun you may think it is.

Your reminiscences are undoubtedly fascinating to anyone that's locked up in solitary confinement with out a pot to piss in or a window to spit out of but (and I have asked) the rest of us find them a good reason for assisted suicide (yours!).

Have a nice day and consider writing a book, instead. Maybe talk to that other assisted suicide candidate Joe Wankeditslow or whatever his fecking name was.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Must be a lonely life in Karengasem to be such a bitter person MARKIT...isn't there some doctor/psychologist where you can get help.
Your empty life is caused by having NO friends and very little work...thats why you speil 5700+ posts 'coz you dont have a life other than pound the keyboard and being ratty to those wanting to change the flow of posts.
Talking about assisted suicide is the first sign....what will it be next....a kalashnokov....

Last edited: