Beer bottle

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
I am brewing some beer and need large Bintang ( or other similar ) bottles to use. I don't know how much resturants are paid on the return of bottles in order to offer a fair price. Does any one know? I will want maybe 50-75 bottles.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Hey there, the Mrs has two crates of large empties of Bintang stacked up in my apartment in Denpasar from my last visit , just waiting a reply on the price (I’ve told her to charge you what local warung would offer, a couple of cheap warung feeds id imagine she’ll be happy). You could pick them up or she can deliver if your willing to pay fuel and in the tourist hub somewhere.

Update - 60 bottles 80,000

As she is up 3 flights of stairs it would be easier if you are fit and able if you can pick up, but something could still be worked out if you are interested.

Last edited:

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Hey there, the Mrs has two crates of large empties of Bintang stacked up in my apartment in Denpasar from my last visit , just waiting a reply on the price (I’ve told her to charge you what local warung would offer, a couple of cheap warung feeds id imagine she’ll be happy). You could pick them up or she can deliver if your willing to pay fuel and in the tourist hub somewhere.

Update - 60 bottles 80,000

As she is up 3 flights of stairs it would be easier if you are fit and able if you can pick up, but something could still be worked out if you are interested.
Sorry been away from the site for a couple of weeks. Yes that would be great. I am not back in Bali till 1st Feb if thats ok. I am happy to collect.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'd love to know how the brewing process went here in the heat? I vaguely remember my childhood where the father did some beer brewing in a large plastic garbage can but that was in America and UK so much cooler climes. Any tips?

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Hi Metter

In the time that it took you to read and reply to this thread she'd already sold the bottles as we are moving next week. That said I'll be in Bali from 2nd February - till close to the end of February and I'll be staying in Sanur, I assure you within a week or two there will plenty more empty beer bottles for you to collect, I will bump this thread once I have a decent number of empties for you.

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
Hi Metter

In the time that it took you to read and reply to this thread she'd already sold the bottles as we are moving next week. That said I'll be in Bali from 2nd February - till close to the end of February and I'll be staying in Sanur, I assure you within a week or two there will plenty more empty beer bottles for you to collect, I will bump this thread once I have a decent number of empties for you.
Thanks PERtoDPS,

just arrived back myself last night. All good and happy to buy any you might have during your trip. I will send you a message with my WhatsApp number.

thanks you

Metter

Oct 8, 2017
Sanur Kauh
I'd love to know how the brewing process went here in the heat? I vaguely remember my childhood where the father did some beer brewing in a large plastic garbage can but that was in America and UK so much cooler climes. Any tips?

Hi Markit,
For beer I use the coopers kits. Not had any trouble with the heat affecting the process. I make sure I check the SG to confirm brewing has finished. For something more alcopop I get the drink sachets and use 40 in a 19 litre galon with 1.5kg sugar and dried bread yeast or lager yeast. Works fine.
Happy to discuss further if your interested

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
Metter,

if you are still looking, and are able to come collect reasonably promptly (Bali definition) from around Umalas, then I have a small agung sized pile of large Bintang bottles piled up in the corner of the garden waiting for our bottleman to come collect them. Despite many promises he still hasnt shown up and the pile just keeps growing larger. I would say all are clean and unbroken and from about the last three months. No crate and at a best guess around 50 bottles, maybe more.

The going rate we get is 1,000 per bottle normally which either goes to the missus or my gardener whoever organises the bottleman, so such a contribution would be welcome as it really would be a genuine free lunch.

Let me know if you are interested or I'll try prodding the bottleman again.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
PM me your whatsapp as suggested I'll get in touch as soon as I've emptied a couple of crates.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hi Markit,
For beer I use the coopers kits. Not had any trouble with the heat affecting the process. I make sure I check the SG to confirm brewing has finished. For something more alcopop I get the drink sachets and use 40 in a 19 litre galon with 1.5kg sugar and dried bread yeast or lager yeast. Works fine.
Happy to discuss further if your interested
Did you find a place to get the kits here?