wedo

Apr 4, 2014
Well Hello guys,

I just moved here a couple of months ago and was wondering if anyone knows a basketball club that lets foreigners play or any place where they play pick up games?

It gets a bit boring in leisure time and its not healthy to go to Kuta every night so I'm just looking for something else to do. Any info is appreciated.

I live in sanur btw. So anything in the south would be good

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
I would be in for this as well, if you find a place/group. I've been traveling through the Philippines for the past 6 weeks, and it's probably the only place in Asia that plays basketball so passionately, so there's always a pick-up game available. Am back to Bali in two weeks and would love to find a steady game.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Check out this thread

Pretty sure the Kodam and Merpati runs are still happening. Let me know if you're interested and I'll find out for sure. I haven't played down south in almost a year.

wedo

Apr 4, 2014
Yeah I saw that thread, I just thought because its quiet old the infos are probably outdated. Well If you have a easty way to find out if they are still running that would be great.

Also, can I just go and play?

calitobali

I'll let you know If I find something.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Kodam isn't on anymore, they've set up a boxing ring in the center of the court and one of the rims is broken. Merpati is still on Mondays at 7pm. Anyone can play, IDR 10,000 per night last time I checked, pay at the end of the night.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
yea I am toostill looking .. :D I thing I will be converted to futsall or something since its on any corner (badminton is out of question)

Anyhow .. if someone is gathering teams for basket or futsall ... I am here and ... or just know some nice indor/outor basketball rim(s) !

BTW where is Merpati court .. is it indor or outdor ? ( i guess indor)

wedo

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for the help bkt, I live in sanur, I don't believe they have anything here. Sunset road is rather close too

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Bugger, Kodam is in Pemogan. The closest to Sanur is the Gor Ngurah Rai Indoor courts in Denpasar. There were a number of clubs that played there on Saturdays but I'm not sure now. I'll checked with a few more people.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Theres a run on at the courts in Renon everyday from 4:30pm till dark. The courts are located next to the statue in the park

381562037_e71a7c5130.jpg

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Are rims still there and ok ? Last time after that LA streetball tournament one was broken totally . .and one bent like 30 degrees downward ..

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
A friend just told me Kodam is now back on and theres a run tonight at 7pm. Let me know if anyone wants to play and I'll let them know you're coming down. Most of them speak english.

wedo

Apr 4, 2014
Hey Bkt thanks so much for your help, Kodam isnt too far if it is where i belive it to be.

I'd love to go there and give it a try if your friends dont mind.

nihir

Apr 26, 2014
I just saw this thread and it's so recent. Anything happening next week? I'd love to come out, especially if someone else is going to.

Thanks!

nihir

Apr 26, 2014
Very cool

I can't make it down but every Monday, Thursday and Friday night at Kodam. Renon Park every after noon before dark.

Amazing. Do you think it's cool for a random guy to just show up? Also, I keep hearing Kodam, and I did some Googling and found out it's a base. But, is there an address or some way to find out how to get in? And does it cost something/what time should I show up?

I'm just finding my way around here, so apologies for the many questions!

Thanks!