Bali to open to tourists from September 11

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
The Bali provincial administration is preparing to welcome foreign visitors in September following months of international travel restrictions because of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.

Bali Governor I Wayan Koster has announced a three-step plan to reopen activity in compliance with “new normal” policies. The approach entails reopening the region’s popular tourist destinations to international visitors on Sept. 11.

Local tourists will be able to visit the island’s famous vacation spots starting on Jul. 9, Koster said.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
See the irony there with the 9/11? But good news. Doubt I'd have much chance to get out of Australia by then but I so hope I am wrong!

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyCool

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
If this is true, who will come? The USA is in full-on pandemic explosion mode until Trump loses the next election and the virus magically disappears. Australia is locked down for God knows how long because the equivalent of two football teams died and Europe never really has their shit together anyway so they a wildcard in this case.

I guess that leaves us with China. Was this whole thing a plan just so Chinese can get Bali all to themselves? :p

• Haha
Reactions: Juggler

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Victoria has just gone back to a six week lockdown, can't even go to a friends or stay in your holiday home, that's harshest conditions so far here. Not to mention those apartments that have been locked in for a week in Melbourne, which I imagine over 1/2 of aren't even infected. It's ridiculous here.

On USA I saw Kayne West is running for president.

Rellek

Apr 28, 2020
Medewi, West Bali
Home under construction in Medewi but I'm staying put in California for the next year. 69,300 new cases on Friday and some people still don't get it.Hibiscus Villa #08.jpg