Bali to Christchurch........information needed.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Hi,
I am planning to do some trout fishing on the South Island of New Zealand and this will be my first visit. Realizing that there are a number of New Zealand folks who are members of this site I was hoping to get some current information. Since the quake earlier in the year devastated some hotels in Christchurch and understand that many remaining accomodations have been occupied by people involved in the reconstruction I was wondering if anyone can provide current information about conditions there?
My flight plans are to launch from Bali to Christchurch and at least overnight there, rent a vehicle, purchase gear and head out to the countryside in search of a cottage or something similar near good fishing streams. My printed material is a bit dated so anything reflecting what is necessary to know will be gratefully appreciated. There has been news of flooding in NZ but no indications of where, and with flexible planning will postpone doing anything soon.
Thanks in advance for any informtion that can be offered. Mugwump.:unconscious:

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Christchurch has just had another earth quake, roughly an hour ago

Christchurch earthquake: 5.8 quake followed by 5.3 aftershock - National - NZ Herald News

Have you considered Taupo?, plenty of Trout and plenty of accommodation. A trip from Auckland to Taupo would be a great way to see the country a well.
Wow! as if they hadn't had enough misfortune!
The big lake fishing experience is certainly fascinating, but my preference is for small moving water where I can caste for trout. That is why the South Island holds so uch fascination for me. Thanks for your input, and do hope this latest quake isn't devastating.