my_snowflakes

Nov 9, 2013
Hi All,

Next week I plan to go to Surabaya by bus. Currrently I'm living in Canggu, North Kuta. I hope the bus could pick me up in my place. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I agree - incredibly cheap quoted prices.

It cost more than that 15+ years ago, so it can't be a simple matter of the website not being up-to-date.
I also think the arrival/departure times are rather optimistic.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Oh sorry about that. To get current prices go to Situs Resmi PT. Kereta Api Indonesia (Persero) then do a reservation. To go Surabaya-Gubeng to Denpasar next week (21st) Eksekutif Class is around Rp200,000. WHen you book further ahead, you may get some promo prices. On the same day Lion Air is about Rp379,000 - but with a bit of searching you may get the airfare down to 200,000 or even less.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
FYI the food might not up to your standard, better take your own food or buy the plane ticket, the difference is not that much

donfuego

Apr 20, 2009
Denpasar, Bali
Just take a bus from Ubung in Dps. They part around 11 am daily and are usually around Rp. 150,000. Make sure to choose a good bus though! As soon as you appear, ticket agents from all kinds of dodgy busses will start to hustle you.

Feb 15, 2013
Jakarta
Just take a bus from Ubung in Dps. They part around 11 am daily and are usually around Rp. 150,000. Make sure to choose a good bus though! As soon as you appear, ticket agents from all kinds of dodgy busses will start to hustle you.

Whatever you do, DO NOT SIT IN ANY OF THE SEATS WHERE YOU CAN SEE OUT OF THE FRONT WINDOW (windscreen) OF THE BUS!!! If you sit in the front wear those adult diapers so you can piss or shit your pants safely! You DO NO want to see how the driver is driving! And bring enough money to buy a plane ticket back! :hopelessness::hopelessness::hopelessness:

:topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy:

inwoel

Jun 17, 2012
Hi All,

Next week I plan to go to Surabaya by bus. Currrently I'm living in Canggu, North Kuta. I hope the bus could pick me up in my place. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

Hi, if you really want to try it, go with the big taxi (local called it Travel), there are few good one "Cipaganti Travel" or "Penjor Bali Wisata you can browse their number in yellow pages, this travel will pick you up and drop you to your destination address. I sometimes used them but mostly i drive Bali-Malang almost every 2 weeks, it's not that far and for sure more fun for me (only 2-3 times used plane) ... when you go to Sby, dont miss to visit Malang and Batu, they are more like Ubud and Bogor, much better place than Sby i think, we are living in Bali and Batu ... have a good trip