Bali Security

HLRalph

Sep 23, 2022
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Bali for a week for my wedding, group of 7. I have security in the private residence I'm staying at, the wedding venue also has security. I was wondering if anybody has some leads or contacts for private security / drivers for day-to-day use in Bali? I'm guessing due to the size of our group we'd realistically need 2 drivers.

Seen a few silly and flashy Australia based, high-end, OTT security companies, was just wondering if there was anything a little more laid back and local. Looking for guys who can offer security with local knowledge.

I've seen a few people get lambasted on posts for asking about security, or being made out to be ridiculous. I'd appreciate that being kept to a minimum here. Due to personal reasons it is necessary. Decency would be much appreciated.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I just googled "security company bali" and a few companies showed up including GPS, Dragon and SAAS. I would suggest calling them and seeing what service they provide and the cost. Bonus points if they answer their phone.

If you know anyone in the police/army that could be an option also.

SamD

Sep 7, 2006
Seminyak
The local pecalang will do the job for you if you approach them with the appropriate offer. If you have deep pockets, the local cops will provide you all the security you need.
Your name isn't Hunter Biden by any chance?

Reactions: Shadrach

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
The local pecalang will do the job for you if you approach them with the appropriate offer. If you have deep pockets, the local cops will provide you all the security you need.
Your name isn't Hunter Biden by any chance?
These dudes are also providing security services. But they are not on my short list.

Maybe find out from the local village chief what company is acceptable or not so as to avoid a unintended turf war!
When I say local this refer to the village / villages where the security service is required.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why the feck would you need all this "security"? I mean we've had loads of Grade "A" prominence running around the place where absolutely nothing and nobody noticed or gave a shit!

You start coming on with loads of high security in black SUVs and your are gonna get lots of attention.

Or is that what you're after?

FFS you're just getting hitched not planning to take over the world.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
We had once a cash transaction at a notary office. 2 security guys at the entrance. Envelopes with cash for several "agents". All with very hungry eyes, suddenly one guy took all the envelopes and ran out of the office. The 2 security guys were acting like in a slapstick movie à la Laurel & Hardy and let him escape. Later it turned out that they were both also getting a cut...

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Generally I'd say: nobody wants your life, they just want your money. If you're flying under the radar there's generally ab-so-lu-tely no problem. If you're sporting bags of cash and a Rolex shit happens...
If necessary I'd hire cops; also easier on the road as you're cutting through traffic like a hot knife in butter. Harley Davidson Club for some years. We rented them...

Reactions: Fred2

oliverhen

Mar 19, 2024
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Bali for a week for my wedding, group of 7. I have security in the private residence I'm staying at, the wedding venue also has security. I was wondering if anybody has some leads or contacts for private security / drivers for day-to-day use in Bali? I'm guessing due to the size of our group we'd realistically need 2 drivers.

Seen a few silly and flashy Australia based, high-end, OTT security companies, was just wondering if there was anything a little more laid back and local. Looking for guys who can offer security with local knowledge.

I've seen a few people get lambasted on posts for asking about security, or being made out to be ridiculous. I'd appreciate that being kept to a minimum here. Due to personal reasons it is necessary. Decency would be much appreciated.
Congratulations on your wedding! For local security and drivers in Bali, consider reaching out to reputable local agencies or asking your venue for recommendations. They can often provide experienced professionals with knowledge of the area. Wishing you a beautiful wedding and safe travels!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Congratulations on your wedding! For local security and drivers in Bali, consider reaching out to reputable local agencies or asking your venue for recommendations. They can often provide experienced professionals with knowledge of the area. Wishing you a beautiful wedding and safe travels!
Mate he's prob already divorced or dead (lack of security) as the thread is over 2 years old.

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
I remember years ago when they were making the Eat, Pray, Love, movie here, and Penelope Cruz went to the Fly Cafe outside of Ubud to have lunch. The locals and expats were delighted! They even offered her a dish washing job! She gracefully refused. She was just with some friends and a local driver, with no security and had no problem!

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I remember the old Naughty Nuri's in Ubud (the original one); Julia Roberts & entourage wanted to make a reservation. Owner said: no reservation possible! Then he had: "Eat, pay, leave" at the door. I believed he called EAT, PRAY, LOVE "that damned book" RIP

Shadrach

Feb 20, 2021
I remember the old Naughty Nuri's in Ubud (the original one); Julia Roberts & entourage wanted to make a reservation. Owner said: no reservation possible! Then he had: "Eat, pay, leave" at the door. I believed he called EAT, PRAY, LOVE "that damned book" RIP
Yea, Brian was such a pleasant gentleman! He and his crew of crusties, thought they were a notch above all the rest. John Hardy, Victor Mason, Jason Monet, and a few more, I forget all their names now, it's been awhile. Once I sat at their table and They gave me look like, how dare I sit with royalty! It was a local hangout until it got too famous. The Ribs were yummy though! Those were the days when Ubud wasn't so crowded, and the traffic wasn't so bad compared to now. Well Brian, Drank Vodka like a fish and it caught up with him, Victor was pleasant, he would walk there barefoot with his dog. One guy that came there used to get so drunk, his dog drove them both home on the motorbike. Ubud was fun then, Casa Luna was another fun place, and The Jazz Cafe. Later The Deli Cat opened and the Owners Gunnar and Anna were fun, and many of us would bring guitar's and we would play music til the wee hours.
Once the Police raided the place thinking it was full of Druggies, and found nothing, then stole all of Gunnar's booze! Luckily he had a Bali partner, and got most of it back!

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
I just witnessed the end of those glory Ubud days. My architect was from Ubud and I used to go there from 2005 on. That days I wanted to live there. Now not any more....You could sit easily at Brian's table if you had a pretty company. He was quite flirty. The combination flirting & drunk was not always in his favor ;)