Bali Real Estate Market is Insane (what are you people smoking?)

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Balifrog may I say we built a three bedroom villa with 10 meter pool on 4 are, admittedly there is no parking but we don’t have a car. I was 69 when we found the land, leased it for 25 years with a 10 year option. Its beautiful land with three sides walled wth the third open and overlooking magnificent trees and a ravine with water below. There are two seperate Bale, one overlooking the ravine and one covered in passion fruit vines, we buy orchids each visit and now have an established garden. Not only do we love it but we have 92 five star reviews to indicate that its not just our own one eyed opinion. I’m now 75 and we still have 20 years to go plus the 10 year option so our daughter will inherit the lease and the property. All up it was $A240.000. We can’t wait to get back.
My point being Balifrog is dont let your age restrict your thoughts. Give it a go, sniff around and see what’s out there, it took us two years to find our land and we just love it.

Reactions: Fred2 and JackStraw

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I think you're suffering from zeroitis? Not sure how many are missing? I would suggest that prices of 600k are dependent upon size of the house(s) and price of the land.

Anyone that builds a 3 bedroom on 3 or 4 are has no garden and no space at all - the locals build like that and I wouldn't live there - when the neighbor farts you know what he had for lunch.
In Melbourne they are selling house/land package 4 brm on 350 sq m $480,000
So when I said that a cousin paid Aud $2400.00, that's not a number I plucked out of my ass. I lent Aud $2000.00 to help as they are not rich. Everyone has their Bali dream, and people are happy with 2,4,6, 20 ,50 are of land and if they spend 100,200,500 thousand on building there villa, it's a dream come true. In Indonesia you have to remember that there is a local price and western price and in Bali there is a big gap. We paid under Aud $ 100,000 for our house and land in Surabaya and I'm happy as. Markit if you are having trouble buying bamboo huts cheap, Forget "I'm western shit" and go local the price will amaze you.
You only have one life so enjoy

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
So when I said that a cousin paid Aud $2400.00, that's not a number I plucked out of my ass. I lent Aud $2000.00 to help as they are not rich.
Fred I'm not trying to start an argument but I'm sure you or your brother in law or his dog CANNOT BUY A HOUSE FOR IDR 24,000,000 - you can't even get a decent motorbike for that money. I want to see pictures.

Reactions: JackStraw

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
My point being Balifrog is dont let your age restrict your thoughts. Give it a go, sniff around and see what’s out there, it took us two years to find our land and we just love it.

To each his own, we all have different views or situations.

I lived in a lot of countries, longest I stayed in any was 10 y in Thailand, 8 y in HKG. I am happy at the moment in Bali, but can't see myself living here 10 years.
Plenty places with sun and beaches in the world.
3 kids, early/mid 20's . 1 in France, 2 in Thailand, none interested in inheriting a house in Bali.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
"Fred I'm not trying to start an argument but I'm sure you or your brother in law or his dog CANNOT BUY A HOUSE FOR IDR 24,000,000 - you can't even get a decent motorbike for that money. I want to see pictures."
No problems Markit I will get some happy snaps. Not sure what you call a decent motorbike but the Honda Vario is a great bike and is less than Rp 20,000,000.
I noticed at the Yamaha dealer they are selling extra padded seats for N-Max $410.00 Aud. I know no matter what bike I ride, every 1/2 hour I need to stop and give my ass a rest.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I noticed at the Yamaha dealer they are selling extra padded seats for N-Max $410.00 Aud. I know no matter what bike I ride, every 1/2 hour I need to stop and give my ass a rest.

Not one to go off subject but my Nmax is 4 years old and has a spectacularly good seat. I can ride for hours with no ass-apocalypse BUT my mate bought one 2 years later, with a different seat and it's all different. They don't look much different but they sure are. He took my seat and put it on his bike, just to see if it was all BS but it was so much better - I rode his for half and hour and had serious butt-cramps - The devil really is in the detail.

yantiharun1

Jun 30, 2020
Couldn't agree more. These stupid bule throwing money around the past 20 years specifically have really hyperinflated the real estate market.

Balinese people are absolutely insane thinking their land is worth what they're charging but who can really blame them when there are retards coming in here and throwing their entire trust fund into a plot of land in Canggu to build a failing villa or failing cafe?

The actions of the many retarded people have ruined it for the few smart ones out there. I still plan to get a great deal on my land but even when I do, I still know I'll be paying far more than it's actually worth and for that, I blame the idiots.
You are 100% correct!!

Reactions: JackStraw

Juggler

Jun 20, 2018
It amazes me how not that expensive is to build and what overpriced completed villas sell for. Even land if you spend time and search you can get fantastic prices. Recommend to check land for sale: http://www.balivestor.com/bali-land-for-sale/ and pre-designed villas at a set price here: http://www.balivestor.com/build-bali-villa/

What do you think?
Well what I think is that you are trying to advertise your buisness. I dont think you have used these builders, I think you are a part of these builders.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Around 200 are of ricefields were just sold around us to investors from Jakarta. Now they are putting up posts for an ugly fence.

Well it would be nice to think that a nice resort will be built, I can only imagine they will put up hundreds of tiny houses on 1 are of land.

• Sad
Reactions: matsaleh

JackStraw

Mar 14, 2017
Around 200 are of ricefields were just sold around us to investors from Jakarta. Now they are putting up posts for an ugly fence.

Well it would be nice to think that a nice resort will be built, I can only imagine they will put up hundreds of tiny houses on 1 are of land.

Yep, Jakarta people are buying up everything in Bali since the pandemic started. If you're a person longing for the quiet Bali of old, I recommend you book the next ticket to Lombok or farther east and stay there.

Otherwise, embrace the change

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
From the majority of posts about real estate, both on here and FB, I have to say you lot of old feckers really, really should get out more!
Thankfully wide stretches of Bali are still almost empty. From DPS up to Candi Dasa there is almost nothing on the coasts apart from the occasional resort, warung and traditional ceremony spots - no one lives there. And after Candi dasa up to Amed it is even more empty apart from a few fishermen and subsistence farmers with some recycling for building materials. Amed stretches out along the coast for a while and then again - sweet feck all until Tulamben. If you blink you can miss Tulamben. From then on until Singaraja again sweet feck all. Haven't been past Lovina in 2 years to dunno but I suspect not much has changed - sfa.

This all makes the internals of the island look like the spread out community it is - lotsa jungle, mountains and green ravines.

You all that comment on how busy/builtup/overcrowded Bali is just expose your own dire lack of curiosity and knowledge. Get on a bike and go see the island you live on.

And if you wanna talk about dire then Lombok is the right place for you too. End to end dire economics from even before the earthquakes of 2017 mixed with feral Moslems all wanting beer.

Go forth and adventure before you fecking drop dead!

Reactions: Adam and tel522

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
You are so right Markit. Whilst we do have a villa in Penestanan we split our time in Bali between the villa and a small fishing village of Lipah which is just past Amed. There are numerous resorts dotted along the coastline, some cheap some more expensive, we pay $A55.00 a night for beach front accommodation. Naturally there are more expensive places and some much cheaper. We are involved with village community giving financial support to various people particularly in these COVID times. I’d love to build a villa there, the people are genuine, no hustle and bustle just quiet village life. The drive from Penestanan to Lipah is just spectacular as it offers views of all the best of Bali. Spread your wings folkes and get out and about and see for yourself what an amazing place Bali is.

Reactions: Adam

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You are so right Markit. Whilst we do have a villa in Penestanan we split our time in Bali between the villa and a small fishing village of Lipah which is just past Amed. There are numerous resorts dotted along the coastline, some cheap some more expensive, we pay $A55.00 a night for beach front accommodation. Naturally there are more expensive places and some much cheaper. We are involved with village community giving financial support to various people particularly in these COVID times. I’d love to build a villa there, the people are genuine, no hustle and bustle just quiet village life. The drive from Penestanan to Lipah is just spectacular as it offers views of all the best of Bali. Spread your wings folkes and get out and about and see for yourself what an amazing place Bali is.
Thanks for agreeing with me (I'm not used to it) and all the expats really need to get around this island a bit more , let alone all 18,000 of the rest :).

Before you decide to build a villa in Lipah please consider buying one of the existing ones - there are lots looking for owners - well there were a year ago. Also bear in mind that if you live in Amed/Tulamben for everything you want (Western) you have to come over the hill to Amlapura. Maybe consider Candi Dasa/Senkidu/Jasri as alternative? Just saying, everyone has their own place close to their hearts for their own (weird for others?) reasons.

Foamcrest

Jun 11, 2016
Thanks for your advice Markit but as you say we all have a place in our hearts for different reasons and mine is in Lipah or even possibly Lean. Candi Dasa is ruined by over developement and way too touristy for us. We did look at Sideman but it’s very hilly and since I have breathing issues, and there is very little to offer a western bule, we scrubbed it. Anyway right now it’s all pipe dreams as we can’t even get to the villa we have let alone look at another. But thanks for the advice anyway.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Yep, Jakarta people are buying up everything in Bali since the pandemic started. If you're a person longing for the quiet Bali of old, I recommend you book the next ticket to Lombok or farther east and stay there.

Otherwise, embrace the change

So according to the farmer who leases the land they have plans to build a resort on the land. Then entrance to the hotel will be on the other side of land away from us. For now he can keep growing rice. It could be a few years yet before they get around to building on the land near us.