Bali police arrest Australian accused of sexually abusing four girls in Denpasar

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
An Australian man is accused of abusing four girls aged about 10 over a four-year period in Bali.

The 70-year-old has been taken into custody and the Australian consulate has been advised, Bali provincial police spokesman Hery Wiyanto said.

“The victims then were given things like clothes, sandals and money of Rp 200,000 [$AU20],” he said.

It is alleged the victims were abused once but the crimes date over the past four years.

The children have told police they were taken to a house in Denpasar and molested in a bath.

Police say they have statements from the girls and physical evidence sufficient to charge the man, who they referred to by his initials.

“The number of victims could be more because, during the search in the suspect’s house, we found names of people whom we haven’t found out whether they’re victims or not,” Wiyanto said.

“If there are people whose children were victims, please report.”

Police are considering charges under Indonesia’s Child Protection Act carrying a maximum 15 years’ jail.

Bali police arrest Australian accused of sexually abusing four girls in Denpasar | World news | The Guardian

b2293366100ac46ba3a393b9ed7b1203

5a2fdbffb0818cfdcc070289ee02f46b

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I'd trust him around my kids, no prob! He even looks like Noah.

Be interesting to see how he cleans up for the trial...

P

paulseawind

I wonder what drives these 'people'. There does not seem to be any impetus whatsoever for these actions.

If we are hearing about this person, then how many other offenders are out there that we will never hear about. Up in the mountains where a lot of tings go on and we never hear about it.

The guy is obviously a big friggin idjet because there are sooooo many women to enjoy.
But a 10-year old. I'd strangle him.
I am sure the cops won't let him go.
He will have been bashed around already by several of them. With more to come.