Bali Radar

Jun 16, 2014
Bolstered by the country’s solid macroeconomic fundamentals, Indonesian property demand will continue to growth.

From a national perspective, the Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) just announced a highest record for the investment realization in Quarter II of 2014 (April – June) with Rp. 116.2 trillion (approximately USD 10 billion), an increase of 16,4% compared to the same period in 2013.

Considering that economic trend for Indonesia, the growing popularity of Bali and the limited land area, it’s not surprising to see land prices skyrocketed on the island of Gods.

In the coming years, we can easily predict a housing needs for local people and building demand for tourism development. John Sahadewa, a property analyst, said that it was rather difficult to build a residential area especially in Denpasar and Badung (main tourist areas in Bali) due to limited land and high prices. Despite the housing issues in Denpasar and Badung, Sahadewa believes real estate expansions is possible in other regencies (counties) on the island such as Tabanan, Negara, Gianyar, Bangli, Karangasem, Klung-kung and Buleleng.

Based on the general trend, we can forecast a solid growth ahead for Bali real estate market.

Intan Goyana and Bali Radar Team

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
fuck_off_jack_nicholson.gif

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Partly because of this discussion, and partly because I wanted to see the Gore Vidal movie "The United States of Amnesia" - I shelled out the princely sum of US$2.95 for one month of the idCloak VPN service. They let you use servers in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, United Kingdom or United States. Using the Australian server, I watched the Gore Vidal movie on the iView service of ABC Australia. Then, out of interest I checked thepiratebay.se which is blocked by Telkom and other Indonesian providers. It is readily available in all 7 countries covered by idCloak. So I am left with your same question - why have Indonesian services decided to block it?

My Telkom Speedy service allows 3.6 Mbps downloads. But when I connect through this Australian idCloak server, download speeds are only 0.8 Mbps which is only just fast enough to stream movies from the iView service. Sometimes is was jerky, but watchable.

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
VPN is great but as you say the speeds drop when using it. Try vuze without VPN for downloading.

Last edited:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Sorry the above post is in the wrong thread - was intended for the Internet censorship thread. Dunno how I got it here.