Bali ..im coming

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
I'm Gordon from Cairns, Queensland. Waiting for state premiers to decide whether the borders are closed or open.

• Haha
Reactions: matsaleh

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
My guess is that things will open up more in the new year. I think the government is just taking precautions over the Christmas/New Year period. Domestic travel seems quite strong.

As long as we aren't too badly affected by Omricon, I predict tourist visas will be available from February.

Reactions: JackStraw

hca

Nov 20, 2011
Buleleng
Escape from Alcatraz all over. Best of luck, at lease there are no ques in the airport. I guess you want to be using a return ticket.

hca

Nov 20, 2011
Buleleng
No return ticket

OK, maybe double check on this, they used not let you out on one way unless you were resident elsewhere or booked as seaman or some work deal. And many countries wont let you in without an exit ticket as a condition for some visas like a tourist here.
I think it stems from an airlines being responsible to fly you away and a fine if they land you somewhere without being eligible for the visa and no ongoing ticket.

I got stuck in once escaping Sydney long ago but I had still couple of unused returns still with me, so I pulled them to shut him up. But we had a 24 hour agent in EU so they could book something on the spot to sort it and cancel it next day.

What goes on these days I cant tell you. But I guess the work around would be by something fully refundable on the spot on line with a card and cancel it for refund the next day.

SO that's just a bit of info to know in case it cropped up on you at the last minute. With luck all will be fine and you flee ok.

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
OK, maybe double check on this, they used not let you out on one way unless you were resident elsewhere or booked as seaman or some work deal. And many countries wont let you in without an exit ticket as a condition for some visas like a tourist here.
I think it stems from an airlines being responsible to fly you away and a fine if they land you somewhere without being eligible for the visa and no ongoing ticket.

I got stuck in once escaping Sydney long ago but I had still couple of unused returns still with me, so I pulled them to shut him up. But we had a 24 hour agent in EU so they could book something on the spot to sort it and cancel it next day.

What goes on these days I cant tell you. But I guess the work around would be by something fully refundable on the spot on line with a card and cancel it for refund the next day.

SO that's just a bit of info to know in case it cropped up on you at the last minute. With luck all will be fine and you flee ok.
Thanks,I'm thinking of a local agent there in Sanur to process a B211 visa for me.i haven't been to Bali but hopefully to settle there..I've lived in Philippines and Vietnam

britoo

Sep 11, 2018
Thanks,I'm thinking of a local agent there in Sanur to process a B211 visa for me.i haven't been to Bali but hopefully to settle there..I've lived in Philippines and Vietnam

In case its of interest - the B211 application (on and offshore) still requires a return or outbound travel ticket for the online system to accept the submission.

Air Asia will still sell you a ticket to Singapore for about 20 USD and if you get lucky it may get cancelled and youll get your money back.

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
In case its of interest - the B211 application (on and offshore) still requires a return or outbound travel ticket for the online system to accept the submission.

Air Asia will still sell you a ticket to Singapore for about 20 USD and if you get lucky it may get cancelled and youll get your money back.
Thanks,yes in my past travels I've always needed that onward ticket,a cheap ticket always surficed. Thank you for your kind comments

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
Good morning, with omricon prevalent in most jurisdictions, will the Indonesian government shut the borders to international tourists, not issuing visas

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The Indo government "could" open the borders completely and do like many western countries are from the UK, Denmark, Germany and South Africa and just capitulate to the "cold like" symptoms of the newest, massively transmissible, version of Covid 19. Allowing all of us to slowly get back to normal, or whatever version of that is still available.

What will they do? Fucknose. Not renowned for their intelligence and farsightedness they will probably dither until all the tourists that ever wanted to go on holiday have already booked for Thailand/Sri Lanka/Maldives/(fill in any beach holiday country) and then throw open the country to anyone without a backpack.

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
Good morning in Bali,it's time for me to get moving.which insurance company is recommended for medical travel insurance to go with a B211 visa application using a Bali agent

RossM

Jan 19, 2022
My guess is that things will open up more in the new year. I think the government is just taking precautions over the Christmas/New Year period. Domestic travel seems quite strong.

As long as we aren't too badly affected by Omricon, I predict tourist visas will be available from February.

I'd booked with Jestar, MEL-DPS, 02FEB-14FEB, but tall flights were cancelled until 14FEB.

The principal reasons airlines from 19 approved countries aren't flying is a lack of bookings, which I believe is entirely due to quarantine on arrival, and a US$285 visa fee.

As I understand, the visa fee and quarantine will still be in force mid February, so people are still going to be reluctant to travel to Bali.

I intend rebooking mid March for 12/13 days, and keep a close eye on changes. Quarantine, even for a few days would almost kill me.

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Unless you are sure of a refund if your booking were cancelled then making any booking in the immediate future is fraught with complexities. Personally I think there is still so much changing from day to day that I think it will take months before there is any settling or uniformity of policies across nations.

Reactions: tel522

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
I'd booked with Jestar, MEL-DPS, 02FEB-14FEB, but tall flights were cancelled until 14FEB.

The principal reasons airlines from 19 approved countries aren't flying is a lack of bookings, which I believe is entirely due to quarantine on arrival, and a US$285 visa fee.

As I understand, the visa fee and quarantine will still be in force mid February, so people are still going to be reluctant to travel to Bali.

I intend rebooking mid March for 12/13 days, and keep a close eye on changes. Quarantine, even for a few days would almost kill me.
I'm proposing to travel cairns/sydney/Singapore /Jakarta on 4/3/22 Singapore Airlines. I don't trust jetstar, they have stuffed me about twice before ex Vietnam. It's a full day's trip ex Cairns, but no jetstar.

Time will tell,will make a commitment close to march

Gordie4

Sep 23, 2021
I'm proposing to travel cairns/sydney/Singapore /Jakarta on 4/3/22 Singapore Airlines. I don't trust jetstar, they have stuffed me about twice before ex Vietnam. It's a full day's trip ex Cairns, but no jetstar.

Time will tell,will make a commitment close to march

Hey,I just got the heads up that beginning of march that the next wave of covid-19 will be starting in indonesia

Reactions: tel522