ZoomBali

Mar 28, 2016
Denpasar, Bali
www.zoombali.com
Everyone knows when the kittens are very small they have the bad tendency to pee and poop everywhere :icon_eek: until hopefully they discover the beauty of a litter box. :icon_e_biggrin:

In my experience most of the cats and dogs in Bali are stray animals and figure it out by themselves where to pee or poop. But what about domestic pets?

Lately we had 3 kittens brought by an adorable cat (not our cat we simply fed her).

20160202_143537.jpg

About the litter box, considering
at the first place, we didn't want to adopt kittens (but decided to keep them because they are so adorable), we took a cardboard boxe and cut it in half then with my shovel I went in my garden and took some soil for the littler box... bad idea! :icon_e_surprised:

Naturally kittens started to poop and pee in their new litter box with soil inside but it did not take long to realized from where the new soil paw prints were coming from. What can we do? We went to different pet shop (we are living in South Kuta) and didn't find any granular material for the litter box. Then we went to Carrefour and we couldn't believe it, one bag of granular material for litter box was around 100,000 Rp. (depending of the imported brand). I estimated it could last maximum one month.

Where can we find the granular material for the litter box of our adorable kittens? What is the granular material for the litter box after all? It is a kind of sand. Hey! :icon_wink: We are on an island with beaches everywhere!!! We decided to go at the closest beach in South Kuta from our house and grab some sand to make our kittens happy. :cat:

The Bali Hack here is simple, don't buy expensive granular material for litter box if you have baby cats or dogs but simply take a ride to the closest beach and discreetly bring back some sand at home :) You can use plastic bags that you receive when you buy your groceries it will do the job. Even if now the plastic bag is 200 Rp. it's worthy for our garbage bins!

I'm sure Balinese people have their own way to deal with that issue but we think this Bali Hack might come handy for many pets' owners. Let us know what you think of that idea and if you have a better way to deal with that :icon_question:

Last edited: