Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
About 2310hrs Bali time I was settling in for sleep and had just turned out the lights when everything started to rock here in Ubud.
It lasted less than 30 seconds but felt like 2 minutes. It was a good shake, good enough to convince me to get outside my humble abode.
Bali rocks! :)

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Yap, we feel it as well and the same, run away to the garden, to me it was different from another times, it is hard to explain but I felt or heard like a storm or thunder on the top of our house, like some kind of sound.
In my husband village when these things happen, the first thing people does is run away outside of the houses and start to make sounds and noises with anything they have around, in order to tell everybody around in case there is people still sleeping on the houses who didn't note it, but here in Ubud it seems like nobody really care or do much.
It was very short but more intense than others time.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Same here in Kerobokan and it was accompanied by thunder and lightning. I see on internet the epicentre was about 60k south of east Java with clear seas to Nusa Dua...it was 5.7 richter.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
The more of these little earthquakes the better :) Don't want them to pile up until we get a big one like NZ.

Steve Rossell

Apr 18, 2015
Yap, we feel it as well and the same, run away to the garden, to me it was different from another times, it is hard to explain but I felt or heard like a storm or thunder on the top of our house, like some kind of sound.
In my husband village when these things happen, the first thing people does is run away outside of the houses and start to make sounds and noises with anything they have around, in order to tell everybody around in case there is people still sleeping on the houses who didn't note it, but here in Ubud it seems like nobody really care or do much.
It was very short but more intense than others time.

I was one of those people that didn't do anything to alert other people but after reading your post it is something I will do next time. Good thinking.

BestofBali

Nov 9, 2016
Kerobokan
Ive been here 2.5 years in Kerobokan and that was the first Earthquake ive fault in my life, quite scary. I was ready to run to the closet door frame :)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I was one of those people that didn't do anything to alert other people but after reading your post it is something I will do next time. Good thinking.

Since most earthquakes last about 30 seconds to a minute you aint gonna do much "waking up".

Fact is most people panic completely. Wife dropped 6 month old daughter and headed for the door before she realized what she'd done.

I, of course, never let her forget it :0)