Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I fly into Bali on Friday, has it changed that much. Can I just walk out the doors turn right & walk to the domestic terminal. Or do I need a map?

modelt1826

Apr 25, 2010
Wilverhampton UK
I was there in January you probably need a Taxi the parking is in Kuta square, Domestik terminal i heard is still temporary or not finished (friends were there early April) so a torch may come in handy. I am there myself at the end of May I hope there is some sort of airport to go through.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I fly into Bali on Friday, has it changed that much. Can I just walk out the doors turn right & walk to the domestic terminal. Or do I need a map?

The airport is still a mess but temporary. If you are transiting to the domestic terminal its not difficult but I'd use a porter to take your bags and give directions...well worth a couple of bucks (IDR20,000).
It's a long walk to transport if arriving and staying in Bali. I always use the porters to push the bags.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali

Yes, you can do that - you don't need a map. It has changed, but turning right to get from International to Domestic is correct.

I think Garuda Domestic is now in the International area, but other domestic airlines are in this separate area 100 or 200 metres away.

Lovegrove

Feb 7, 2013
Karangasem
Also I think Air Asia is located in the international - I picked up some friends flying in from Vietnam via Jakarta in March - we went to domestic terminal & they redirected us to the international terminal. Parking is a nightmare, but if you have someone meeting you, not your problem hahaha - just pack light, easy :)

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Thanks all, I usually have a joke with the taxi drivers standing outside when they ask, yes please to the domestic terminal please. So no big changes yet, i just walk to the terminal.