Australian Travel Exemption Thread

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
You'll be fine mate, keep hygienic and use mask & sanitiser/washing hands and we'll see you when you arrive.

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
I kept getting told I need a ticket out to come, bought one, no one in Bali or Jakarta ever asked for it though.

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
Travel to Bali v's Have girlfriend come to AUS
Hello guys.
I'm in Adelaide and my girlfriend is in Ubud. I'm on a DS Pension so can only travel OS 4 weeks per calendar year without having pension put on hold. Any recent experience on getting her a Visa for AUS or am I better going there and doing the 2 weeks quarantine on return?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Travel to Bali v's Have girlfriend come to AUS
Hello guys.
I'm in Adelaide and my girlfriend is in Ubud. I'm on a DS Pension so can only travel OS 4 weeks per calendar year without having pension put on hold. Any recent experience on getting her a Visa for AUS or am I better going there and doing the 2 weeks quarantine on return?
The Australian requirements to allow a visa for your girl friend are likely to prove discouraging. If your friend is employed it would be useful to provide a letter from an employer giving information about her position and expectation that she will be returning at a specified date. She would also need to show she has adequate means of support. If she were applying for a tourist visa then a travel plan would also probably be requested. And that is made complicated by ever changing restrictions. She may be asked what is that she wishes to do and why etc. If on the other hand you were sponsoring her then you would need to show sufficient savings in hand to assume responsibility for any mishap during her visit, medical expenses or whatever This will then invite the suspicion that she is coming here to marry. That is basically not permitted. You have to go through a lengthy sponsoring and information process to apply before coming to Australia.

There is also the reality that I think is still in place that arrivals in Australia must go into a government managed and rather expensive quarantine facility for 14 days. You would need to check what is required in relation to entry regarding Covid. I am not aware of South Australian present entry requirements but that needs checking. And a direct flight to South Australia would be best.

https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/emergency-declarations/overseas-arrivals This is probably still in place.

As for you visiting, there may be a quarantine requirement on arrival in Indonesia and certainly a medical certificate showing you are Covid free. A number of serious problems to be dealt with. Sorry to lay out such a negative response. It was difficult before Covid and now rather more complicated.

Last edited:

PERtoDPS

Dec 31, 2018
Well you can see my past threads my experience on this is very much what Harry says. I did meet a few blokes who tried having their indo wife stay in Australia on the flight here, they usually miss their culture food, family and religion and want to come back here. A guy on my flight had sent his wife back a month prior and now he is on the way back to Bali. Consider that is an expensive exercise, $3000 per person hotel quarantine I think it's an extra $1000 if you share a room with wife instead of separate rooms. Honestly given the current border lock in Australia if you are not married I doubt they will grant a visa. Better come back here in my opinion.

Ginand T

Sep 30, 2019
Well you can see my past threads my experience on this is very much what Harry says. I did meet a few blokes who tried having their indo wife stay in Australia on the flight here, they usually miss their culture food, family and religion and want to come back here. A guy on my flight had sent his wife back a month prior and now he is on the way back to Bali. Consider that is an expensive exercise, $3000 per person hotel quarantine I think it's an extra $1000 if you share a room with wife instead of separate rooms. Honestly given the current border lock in Australia if you are not married I doubt they will grant a visa. Better come back here in my opinion.
Thanks PER, sounds like a cheaper option.