davita

Mar 13, 2012
A third Australian chiropractor has been arrested in Indonesia for allegedly working illegally, as officials enact a sweeping investigation on foreigners involved in health practices.

Third Aust chiropractor nabbed in Jakarta | SBS News

The RI government is really cracking down on those who work illegally in Indonesia....the above results after the American chiropracter, who is being sought for the death of one of his patients, was found to be operating without an IMTA.....there is no investigation into why the girl died. The practice where he worked, in Jakarta malls, was owned by a Malaysian who also didn't have a permit to conduct his business.....both have fled.

I previously wrote on this forum about my wife, an ex-WNI and aesthetician (Canadian qualified), where she was offered a consulting job for spas. We declined because they could not provide a work permit...imo...the risk was too great.

The RI Govt use immigration law to solve a lot of issues...much like the USA got rid of the mafia by going after their tax liability. Anyone working without proper permits should be careful.

We know this Bali chiropracter and that many of his patients have advanced paid for future treatments as a package deal...it appears they will now need to go to the airport detention centre to have their bones re-aligned...:icon_e_surprised:

hadodi

Nov 8, 2013
NE Bali
Very simple

Another article here: Jakarta arrests of Australian chiropractors Thomas and Anthony Dawson raise concern

My wife went to one in Ubud. It had Australian staff. I just checked their website and it is no longer online. They have changed their name though.

The crazy thing is you can go to jail for publicly criticizing and Indonesian doctor or hospital.

On one hand we complain about chaos and corruption here, but accept foreigner working without the necessary papers?

davita

Mar 13, 2012
On one hand we complain about chaos and corruption here, but accept foreigner working without the necessary papers?

I see you ask a question but to whom is it directed, surely not spicyayam's quote as he didn't say anything that is reflected in your post...who is 'WE'....and who do you mean when you say 'accepts foreign workers without necessary papers'?

I'm sorry but, to me, your post doesn't make any sense...can you please elaborate.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
IF you don't have a working permit you run the risk of getting punished. Here and everywhere else.

Absolutely agree and why I cautioned in post #1."Anyone working without proper permits should be careful."

My wife gave up on a very lucrative opportunity because I didn't want her being deported as she didn't have an IMTA. It might be easy to disguise working in RI without the proper permit.....but the punishment, if caught, can be life-destroying.

Last edited:

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
IF you don't have a working permit you run the risk of getting punished. Here and everywhere else.

cptobvious.jpg

davita

Mar 13, 2012
We know this Bali chiropractor and that many of his patients have advanced paid for future treatments as a package deal...it appears they will now need to go to the airport detention centre to have their bones re-aligned...:icon_e_surprised:

It appears my above sentence was wrong. We don't know the detained Dr. Michael but my wife had recent treatment from a foreign chiropractor with the same first name and I jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Co-incidentally...the clinic my wife attended in Kuta is now 'temporarily' closed for business.

Last edited:
G

Gurkha

Yup, don't need foreign health practitioners here in Indo, the local one are just so good!