balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Australian Andrew Marcus Quartes, while driving a red Jeep, hit three motorcycles that were parked in front of the Petitenget Restaurant on Jl. Petitenget in North Kuta, Badung, Bali, on Friday. Quartes, who comes from Sydney, is currently vacationing in Bali.

The accident took place Friday at 5:30 p.m. and was witnessed by Philpus Ngongo Buma, 49, the owner of the three bikes, who was in front of the restaurant at the time.

Despite hitting the parked vehicles, Quartes did not initially stop and was chased by Buma on his motorbike. Quartes was stopped in front of Petitenget Temple, where the two men got into an argument prior to the police arriving.

“Based on several witness accounts, Quartes was driving recklessly. He was almost beaten by people in the area, but was secured by the police, who took him to the police precinct,” North Kuta Police chief Ronny Riantoko Eppang said.

On Saturday morning, Badung Police took over the case and later that day Quartes was released after agreeing to pay Rp 3 million (US$246) in compensation for the damage he had caused.

Australian driver hits three motorcycles | The Jakarta Post

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
No big deal, my record is 7 parked cars. About 12 months ago I momentarily blacked out while driving along Jalan Tamblingan. I sideswiped 7 vehicles. I stopped and talked to the owners of the cars. At first they were yelling and making all sorts of threats. Once they realised I was admitting that I was in the wrong all became peaceful.
The police turned up and I told them to piss off. I think the whole episode cost me around $300.