Aussie startup looking for creative and manufacturing partnerships

Shoegirl

May 31, 2017
Bali is the melting pot for creative start ups and high quality ethical manufacturing and this aligns perfectly with my new brand for children's shoes.
I am a Melbourne girl who is looking to collaborate with creatives and manufacturing in Bali and hope this forum can help me get started with my knowledge tree!
I am keen to chat to genuine passionate people who can help me.

Shoegirl x

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Jeez don't play "catch-phrase" bingo with this girl!

Bali's a melting pot for start ups? Nah... it's just were bad ideas go to die.
How can you have "Ethical" shoes?
What is a "creative"?
How do you collaborate with a "manufacturing"?
I'd love to help with your "knowledge tree" but mine got termites and died last week. Maybe I can have a sprig from yours?
Are there hordes of fake passionate people around? That are dying to help you?

Rodney Sprague

May 31, 2017
Bali is the melting pot for creative start ups and high quality ethical manufacturing and this aligns perfectly with my new brand for children's shoes.
I am a Melbourne girl who is looking to collaborate with creatives and manufacturing in Bali and hope this forum can help me get started with my knowledge tree!
I am keen to chat to genuine passionate people who can help me.

Shoegirl x
Dear Shoegirl, I hope you do not imagine that you can simply set up a manufacturing industry in a country like Indonesia without first complying with necessary business and visa requirements. Bali is (like the rest of Indonesia) a closed marketplace. To get permits to set up a business (legally) you will encounter reams of paperwork, months of waiting time and costly bribes to government officials just to process your applications. The alternative is to risk a visit from a couple of Immigration Officials who will confiscate your passport and impound your goods, put you in a cell and eventually deport you at your cost with a 7 year ban on returning to Indonesia.