ginov

Jul 24, 2011
apoligies if this question has been done before i have been scouring the volumes of excellent info in here, but not sure of my particular situation.

i work a 4 week on , 4 week off roster , presently in singapore but plan to move to bali for up to 9 months... this means i will be out of the country more than i will be there- so i was hoping i could essentially 'live' there on tourist visas for this period ( ie enter the country every 8 weeks for about 3 1/2 weeks)

question/s
  • am i able to rent a place for 9 mths if i am coming and going every month on a tourist visa?? (normally this would be 25 days in and about 31 days out of bali.... the place would be empty half the time, but thats ok with me)
  • what kind of documentation/paperwork do i need to rent a property ? ( foreign passport etc ? is there anything else reqd?)
  • if it possible to get some items shipped into bali, without a kitas card etc, work permit etc, as i am essentially going to be living there and removalists asking for such paperwork for customs etc?

thanks for any help with any of these questions , greatly appreciated !
Gino

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
You are dealing with an owner or manager, and sometimes they will want you to sign some simple contract, but often the only documentation is the receipt. So there are no special documentation requirements.

For your absences, you talk with the owner to see if your plan is OK with him/her - probably no probelms.