odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Making some extra $$$ by parasyting their own users :D (license to steal as Indonesian lawmakers see it)
I have noticed that something is not quite right long time ago .. with this specific point of interest ads .... I could see that they are sniffing more than usually "allowed" by ads they were suggested by plain browsing.
Whatever is problem on the west or seen as problematic. In Indonesia is at least x10 times worse, or not seen as problem at all. They simply do not have capacity !
So lame on so many levels.

At west at least you aint aware when you are being monetarising over by big players (actually you think you have been ...rewarded) . But this Indo brute force style hijacking is so primitive.
Sophisticated as a medevil bridge robber .. ehhh... they have a lot to learn in todays world ... A LOT !

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Using a simple add-blocker stops the adds but not the break they cause to add it - I think that is causing all the problems I'm seeing with 404 etc and that JC is getting with his pc.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Don't know about the smoking gun.
There is obviously something going on that's not right.

I've given up on Telkom "technicians" coming around and changing some of my DNS settings (which never work).
Got an email recently from Telkom stating that the "problem" was fixed.
It wasn't and still isn't.

I now use my paid-for VPN and the problem's gone away. Even some free VPN's work OK, but being "free", few (if any) choices of servers and countries, or how "fast" they're supposed to be.
Using my VPN, my download speed drops by about 5% (insignificant).

:icon_wink:

Josh

Apr 7, 2010
Sanur
As mentioned in another post there is a solution for website owners to avoid this. Just change your </body> tag on all pages to </BODY>. Tested and approved on all of my customer websites. Works great.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
As mentioned in another post there is a solution for website owners to avoid this. Just change your </body> tag on all pages to </BODY>. Tested and approved on all of my customer websites. Works great.

Josh maybe I'm thick but you've written this before and I didn't get it then. It only is of any interest for people building websites and does absofeckinglutely nothing for your average surfer as he can not change any tags on pages he's calling up.

So I'm at a complete loss why your "advise" is worth the paper it's printed on...

But am willing to learn?

Did you perhaps think this forum was for frustrated website builders?

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Josh maybe I'm thick but you've written this before and I didn't get it then. It only is of any interest for people building websites and does absofeckinglutely nothing for your average surfer as he can not change any tags on pages he's calling up.

So I'm at a complete loss why your "advise" is worth the paper it's printed on...

But am willing to learn?

Did you perhaps think this forum was for frustrated website builders?

...a solution for website owners...
Josh's "advise (sic)", as you put it, clearly refers to website owners, who can change tags on their web pages.
No need to come out with both guns blazing.