davita

Mar 13, 2012
I'm looking for a quality memory king-size mattress-topper but cannot find. Almost brought from Costco in Vancouver but really heavy to tranship.
Any outlets in Bali or Jakarta as I'd like to feel the quality first.

Last edited:

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Thanks DPH and Mats...a good start to investigate when I get back to Bali next week....but I'm in Jakarta now so still looking here and maybe Tiki it to Bali.
I rented an apartment in Vancouver last June and it had a memory-foam topper which I really liked. The owner said it was from Costco and for about CDN$150 I could have brought a king-size in a box.....but it was too heavy to be included in luggage.
Now I see I can get a genuine latex-topper cheaper here in Indonesia but I'm now confused as there seems to be some disagreement as to latex or memory-foam topper being best. What's the difference.....any comments?

My expensive 5 year old spring mattress is starting to sag so I thought memory-foam would eliminate that.

davita

Mar 13, 2012

Thanks DPH that is a comprehensive report...I'd need a Phd to understand but got the message that both do about the same.
I only need a topper, and not the whole mattress, as all the mattresses we have in Bali are fairly new.
I'll check out those places in Bali when I return next week. unless finding something in Jakarta that's suitable and can be Tiki'd.

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
. . . got the message that both do about the same.

Yeah, I didn't read it all but from that, and a few other sites I checked, I think the one main difference might be your sensitivity to chemical smells. Memory foam mattresses apparently give off a strong chemical odour when new.

Last edited: