gkapaau

Jul 9, 2015
Does anyone out there have knowledge of any recent transactions involving Notaries processing Hal Milik to Hak Pakai?
I am currently in a Nominee fee simple land situation. My Nominee and I have a good relationship that has been going on for more than 6 years. Because of recent statements by the Indonesian Govt. I am considering converting to Hak Pakai.
Any info would be great.
Thanks,
gk

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Updates like what? It should be a straight forward process for most notaries. I have a friend who was going to do it but ended up using a nominee because of the costs involved.

gkapaau

Jul 9, 2015
Thanks for the info. I thought with the recent Nominee crisis, Notaries may be hesitant to do any Hal Milik to Hak Pakai conversions.
I will be back in Bali in a few weeks to hopefully sort this all out.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Well it is a job where they get paid for the notary so I can imagine why they would be hesitant?

Also for Hak Pakai you need to be a resident of Indonesia. I would strongly look into the pros and cons before you make the change.

gkapaau

Jul 9, 2015
Thanks again for the feedback.

Did you mean to say “I can imagine way they would be hesitant?” or should it be: I can’t imagine why they would be hesitant?

As for the residency issue, I am planning on going for a Retirement Visa (Stay Permit). My plan is to stay in Bali about 6 months out of the year.

Yea, the pros & cons? Just gathering info at this point. The worst is you really don’t know what the indo govt. can or will do about the Nominee issue.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah sorry. I meant to say, I can't imagine why would be hesitant.

The worst is you really don’t know what the indo govt. can or will do about the Nominee issue.

Well you never know what the government here will do about anything! It is a good idea to research your options like what you are doing, but my personal feeling would be to sit tight for now.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
I also have a nominee simple arrangement and have no illusion about who is the legal owner (the nominee). Government's allusion that this somehow gives title to a foreigner is delusion..... and those who believe that a contract between the nominee and the foreigner somehow circumvents constitutional law are having hallucinations. edit...I tried hallution but that's not a word!
I agree with Spicy and not sweating about 'who said what' until some better information becomes available. There will be a Cabinet shake-up soon so who can tell what next boondoggle idea will be presented to showcase to the Indonesian populace, who don't care...:apathy:

Last edited:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Thanks for the info. I thought with the recent Nominee crisis, Notaries may be hesitant to do any Hal Milik to Hak Pakai conversions.
I will be back in Bali in a few weeks to hopefully sort this all out.

What nominee crisis? All seems OK here. :)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Run up the flags, open the champers - I actually agree hole-heartedly(sp) with Davita on this one, and it's well written, not to say witty. Keep up the good work.