motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
I go to Singapore many times each year, best bargain is the 2 tickets I bought with Air Asia for 8th April. My son and I return for rp 1.000.000 for both of us....bargain city. I have tickets for 2 trips later in the year Bali- Sing with Air Asia amd return with Jetstar, best price rp 1.000.000 forone person. Valu Air does not fly to Bali now, JetStar have the plane leave Singapore , transit in Bali and then later on to Perth, this way Jetstar can use the Sing-Bali route. Previous to this the Indonesian laws had restrictions on outside budget carriers flying into Bali from Singapore, so Jetstar bought the ailing Valu Air license and their planes. Somehow they can fly in now.Jetstar arrives back in Bali @ 9.15 which is a good time.

MadCat

Feb 28, 2010
Yeah, mine didn't :p I usually end up finding some bargain basement hotel which usually means you end up in Geylang, fine for some things, not for others :p

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
I go to Singapore many times each year, best bargain is the 2 tickets I bought with Air Asia for 8th April. My son and I return for rp 1.000.000 for both of us....bargain city. I have tickets for 2 trips later in the year Bali- Sing with Air Asia amd return with Jetstar, best price rp 1.000.000 forone person. Valu Air does not fly to Bali now, JetStar have the plane leave Singapore , transit in Bali and then later on to Perth, this way Jetstar can use the Sing-Bali route. Previous to this the Indonesian laws had restrictions on outside budget carriers flying into Bali from Singapore, so Jetstar bought the ailing Valu Air license and their planes. Somehow they can fly in now.Jetstar arrives back in Bali @ 9.15 which is a good time.

Motormouth, where did you get the cheap prices for Air Asia to Singapore, on the website or going to their office in Kuta? I have to go to Singapore on 2th April and I never bought a ticket to Singapore before, always I have been using it as a stopover.
I am surprise you mention that even you bought a ticket to go there with Air Asia and return ticket with Jetstar, why did you do this? to save some money? it is just I am surprise because the most of the people buy the ticket going and back with the same company isn´t it?
Any of you knows if is cheaper to flight to KL than Singapore, the same or more expensive?
Terimakasi banyak
Have a good night!

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
KL or Singapore? Sometimes there are bargains to one, sometimes to the other. There are several airlines on both routes, so altogether there are many flights a day between DPS and both Singapore and KL. Maybe the airlines know why they are empty-ish and offering bargains on one of the routes - but to me it seems like a random process. So you just watch - and then grab what seems like a good deal.

I am really an amateur in this game - but motormouth would seem to be a real pro.

motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
Hi Begonia and ronb, I bought my Air Asia flights on the internet, they sent me an email reminding me of the promo period on offer. I am flying later this year return with Jetstar for 2 reasons. The price was a little cheaper and the time they fly suited me better. When I stay in Singapore I use Changi Village Hotel, you can hire a bike and ride around near the each, also good for cheap food nearby, they offer a free airport shuttle on the hour. Air Asia and Jetstar always have cheaper prices flying Bali-Sing, than Bali-KL...why, I have no idea. I also fly Bali - Melbourne 3 times each year, Air Asia has the 6am Bali- Kl and the 13.20 KL- Melbourne, this gets you into Melb at 23.30. Which I love because I refuse to the direct night flight out of Bali, leave me drained for days..2-3 hours sleep on a seat isn't enough for me . I bought a Bali-Kl, KL- MElb ticket thisweek for August...total cost $250 AUD for the whole trip...bargain.I pay the little bit extra and buy the extra legroom.
Funny though, I went to Sumatra in Feb, it was cheaper for me to fly Air Asia Bali-KL and then KL- Medan than to go via Jakarta. Better still I managed to avoid the congestion in Jakarta, every time I fly there delays occur.

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
ronb, motor, lumumba, terimakasi banyak yap!!!
Ok, I don´t need to stay overnight in the places, pulang pergi satu hari, so I am going to check this week what I can find to flight with Air Asia or Jetstar to Singapore, hehehe if I get stock I will send motor a pm, he seems very familiar getting good prices from the net!!!!!!
Have a good week!!

Blondie

Mar 3, 2010
I've been using Ismael for 4 years now. Perfect English, reliable, very professional and smooth as silk every time.

N

Cannoness

Apr 26, 2010
I've just joined today and stumble to this page. this is exactly what we need. Thanks for sharing Markit!

furble

Dec 17, 2010
Kuta
Noob with noob question

So this if my first post here, probably of many to come. I've been doin the expact thing here for about 9 months now. I generally have to go back to the US every 2 months, and then stay there for month anyway so it has been fairly simple for me. Just get 1 visa extension by the airport then go back to the US, come back here a month later, then repeat.

However this time I am not going back to the US for an extra month, and I've already done my extension near the airport. So I was under the impression I could just go to singapore for a day and then Re-Enter Bali and get another 30 days upon re-entry as long as I left the country and came back again after midnight. I really just need another 30 days because after that I go back to the US for a month again. From reading the guide to the 1-day in singapore, it seems like this 1-day in singapore I hear about all the time is more about extending a visa, rather than just getting a new 30 days. What's the scoop?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
The discussion about visa-runs to Singapore mostly relate to people using the Social/Cultural visa which gives you an initial 2 months with the option of 4 monthly extension to a total of 6 months. Then they leave on a "visa run", and stay for one day or longer. When they return they are beginning a new social visa for maybe the next 6 months.

You say
So I was under the impression I could just go to singapore for a day and then Re-Enter Bali and get another 30 days upon re-entry as long as I left the country and came back again after midnight.

If you go to Singapore (or anywhere) and come back you can get a new visa on arrival for 30 days - which seems to be what you want. (I am unsure why you say you must return after midnight.)

hmbphd

Mar 31, 2012
Great post and totally accurate - I have used Ismael and another guy whom I had to meet in a MacDondald's (LOL as an American). This is exactly "the experience."

Here's my question: How many social and/ or tourist visas can one have before getting denied? I am not old enough for a retirement visa but have financials and work arranged so I don't need a KITAS - I don't work in Indonesia (NOT independently wealthy but have some things figured out). Planning on staying indefinitely and have a life here (okay, well, a motorbike, furniture, and cats) and don't want to live in the USA or anywhere but Bali in the foreseeable future.

When do "la migre" as we call them in the US start calling BS on the constant visa runs? I did get questioned in 2011 when I had multiple tourist visas in a row ("What - are you doing business here?") but haven't been questioned since. When does the axe fall?

And it seems like a lot of changes are happening in the immigration world - i.e. the change of locale of the office in Denpasar?!?!? That was a shocker as I tried to help a friend renew a tourist visa...

Any current insights would be appreciated, as always :)

furble

Dec 17, 2010
Kuta
I never had a problem with the Visa runs, I did 2 sosbod runs and I many tourist visas. At a certain point we decided to try living in the US so got my wifes green card so here now (and both of us about ready to come back). Anyway it was because of the green card thing I decided to keep on with the tourist & sosbud visas (I did one sometimes and the other sometimes depending on circumstance). For green card it is a littler better to not have become a "resident" of another country, but if it wasn't for that I definitelty would have gone to the KITAS and frankly if we go back to stay thats what its gonna be. Total cost after reentrt permit is less than 2M I think (if you do it yourself) and then you are good for a whole year. I never had a problem with the sosbuds or VOAs (I did come back to the US for a month once or twice a hear), and it was a cool story but if you know you are staying that KITAS is worth considering. I think any limits of "how many" sosbuds is subject to whichever la migra you are talking too.

hmbphd

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks for the info, furbie.

BTW - did I mis-read that or do you have a way to get multiple entry KITAS for 2 million? My firend's company has offered to hire and sponsor me but it's going to cost 25 million. My understanding is that it's anywhere between 20 and 30 million normally. Am I totally off?

Thanks again.

furble

Dec 17, 2010
Kuta
The true cost of a kitas is something like 700k (I think you canfind that somewhere on expat.or.id) but that's if you do it yourself. Sponsorship is another thing all togeher. In my case my wife is my sponsor so that doesnt cost any extra. There is then a re-entry permit you can get something like 1.2M. Thus the 2jt. I honestly dont know wjat the deal is with non-family sponsored visas. I hadnt thought about that. Sorry.

i did the social visa run for little more than 3 years, so guess had 7 social visas with 6 Singapore trips, few times in one day through agent help and few times just by myself staying 3 nights in Singapore
NEVER had any question
NOW "vitas/kitas" based on marriage so good for 1 year and as I understood can/will be propagated here and no need go out of country

toto

Dec 24, 2012
Dos anyone has don the social Visa run in one or two day's in Kuala Lumpur.
If yes which agent you use? And is it the same proses as Singapore ?

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
From what I have heard, most people doing it in KL do it directly without an agent, and it takes 2 or more days.