homer

Feb 23, 2010
Can anyone recommend a good place that makes aluminium windows and doors?

mobilemama

Jul 25, 2010
jimbaran
trend windows

they are on the bypass heading to nusa dua, left side of road, parking area in front not far along from galeria, about half way between galeria and the big hawaii olah shop( Used to be courts furniture shop) has baby shop next to it.

Same as trend windows in aust, dont know prices tho.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why would you want to have aluminum windows?

If you want Bali to look like an Australian suburb why don't you just stay in Australia?

I don't mean that as nastily as it sounds but there is some wonderful wood available here and it make beautiful window frames that are live and give you pleasure just to run your hands over - do you get that with aluminum?

The price is similar and maybe you do need to allow a little maintenance but labour is cheap and it puts rice on someones table too.

Use wood!
Markit

mobilemama

Jul 25, 2010
jimbaran

If you want Bali to look like an Australian suburb why don't you just stay in Australia?

I don't mean that as nastily as it sounds but there is some wonderful wood available here and it make beautiful window frames that are live and give you pleasure just to run your hands over - do you get that with aluminum?

The price is similar and maybe you do need to allow a little maintenance but labour is cheap and it puts rice on someones table too.

Use wood!
Markit
AGREE but
maybe because he doesnt want the maintenance and wants mosiquito screens, altho I believe you can now get them for wooden windows.

homer

Feb 23, 2010
I am renting a house now and I noticed that at least one of the windows has a problem with termites. My contract is up soon, but I thought when I built my own place aluminium might be an option. For sure wood looks better, but I have noticed even some Balinese now using steel frames in their roof.

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
I am renting a house now and I noticed that at least one of the windows has a problem with termites. My contract is up soon, but I thought when I built my own place aluminium might be an option. For sure wood looks better, but I have noticed even some Balinese now using steel frames in their roof.

There is a house near us that is using aluminium, not steel, frames for the roof. The house is still under construction, no walls yet, and the frames are already sagging.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
For sure wood looks better, but I have noticed even some Balinese now using steel frames in their roof.

I many places around the world the locals can't figure out what foreigners find interesting on their culture and try to come up to what they perceive as "modern" as quickly as possible.

Or they just don't give a shite and want to throw up something as quick as possible that will require little or no maintenance.

Just go to Denpasar or Kuta to see the results.

If you are worried about termites then just invest a few minutes at the local Mitral or any other building supplier and they will happily show you what keeps the rest of the island bug free (ish).

Building with wood is worth the extra effort and cost, ask anybody!:icon_biggrin:

Rob McKay

Mar 21, 2018

Use wood!
Markit
Thanks for your opinion Markit but that doesn’t answer my question. I’m sure you know most things about everything but just this time I need a good reliable aluminium window company. Cheers

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Not sure what happened to my original post, but you can check out a company called Weka Plus, www dot wekaplus-upvc dot com. I have seen their quality, it's quite good and screens are an option if you'd like. Understand that they are using German equipment to manufacture their doors and windows.