Alternative to Postal System

Roses

Aug 20, 2005
Warrnambool
Hello all,
Having recently returned from Bali after a wonderful holiday, I am wanting send a few items to some fisherman friends in Candidasar. I have so far sent two letters which have not arrived after 3 weeks. Naturally I am hesitant to send anything of value considering the non-arrival of my letters. Can anyone suggest other methods of getting things to Bali. Possibly some generous traveller may be able to take them personally? No contraband involved I can assure you, just some fishing line and a old mobile phone. I trust this post is OK for this forum. On another matter, Bert your suggestion of Hotel Pelasa was great. We really enjoyed staying there, an interesting mixture of guests, and a lovely staff. We also managed to get some sample garments made by a lovely man who after 20 years working for others, is starting his own business. We hope this may develop into a going concern for him and for us.

Roses.

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
I would suggest for safe arrival that you can send by courier. I also believe you could send it by recorded post. I would not advocate giving it to some stranger to bring on your behalf.