AussieSammy

Mar 28, 2013
Bendigo, VIC, Aus
Hey guys and gals! :D

I'm currently hunting for a good agent to go through for my girlfriend to get an Indo passport and then an Aussie tourist visa.
She's never flown before and has no idea how to go about getting a passport and visa.
Wanting to make it easy for her and also an easier process for me i'm looking for an agent to do the legwork and get everything pushed through at a reasonable speed.
She lives in Seminyak and doesn't have a bike, scooter or car so i'm looking for an agent around the Seminyak, Kuta or Kerobokan areas or of course one that can come to her.
I did see some recommendations about one that operates on JL Arjuna and has been in business for a long time?
Any recommendations based on personal experience would be wonderful!!

Thank you! :)

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
G'Day AussieSammy, I'm not a big believer in agents. A lot of the time they cause more trouble than there worth. You may end up paying a lot of money for someone to just fill out a few forms for her. In my opinion the agents won't be able to push it through any faster than normal.

If she can get herself to the Indonesian Immigration Office they can tell her everything she needs to do and all up it should cost her about Rp.350.000 for the passport.

Here's what she'll need to do to get the Australian Tourist Visa: Applying for visas in Indonesia - Australian Embassy

The biggest problem you'll have is if she doesn't have her affairs in order. Does she have a KTP, a KK, a birth certificate and possibly her graduation certificate from school? If not, it's going to be a long and tiresome journey getting all that sorted out. If her parents don't won't her to go, it'll pretty much be impossible because their cooperation will be needed to get those documents. You can double the amount of frustration she'll have if she's not from Bali. Most certificate and immigration processes have to be done in the area the Indonesian person comes from.

Also, and I'm sorry to bring it up, but you should really make sure you're not falling into a trap by some gold digger. Literally hundreds of Aussie guys have been taken for a ride and pretty much lost everything. My personal opinion is that if someone asks you for money or asks you to pay for things like clothes or jewellery, then they're no good.

AussieSammy

Mar 28, 2013
Bendigo, VIC, Aus
[MENTION=4813]spicyayam[/MENTION] i sent them an email and knowing that the passport application process is a relatively easy one that can be done in one or 2 visits 1.350.000 seems a bit steep.
Plus their broken English after seeing a picture of a supposedly western woman shaking another western womans hand... just feels kinda misleading off the bat.

@DempesarHouse I know mate. Not all that much to do to get it but yeah... she doesn't like going anywhere alone and is nervous as hell about it all. Plus no bike or anything to get around.
She has her KTP, KK and birth certificate thankfully. And yeah no she's cool. I dated a Thai girl for 2 months early last year... learnt my lesson and always look out for all the warning signs :) Thanks! :)
[MENTION=9301]Fred2[/MENTION] Nearest travel agent to her in Seminyak or me in Aus? I'd rather not just go with some random one that's nearest... I'd like to find one that has been used before by members of the forum here that have had good experiences with them

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Agent fees are never cheap here. I do not know about the price of an Indonesian passport, but as an example for a KITAP the fee is 4 million, but agents will charge 35 million. If you want to save money, just ask her to apply herself directly. Here is the link for the Australian visa place: Australia Visa Information - Indonesia - Home Page

The application process is simple enough. If she doesn't have a job or business however, then it might be difficult to get a visa.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
My wife's first passport & visa were processed at a travel agent in Surabaya. They did all the donkey work & I supplied a letter of what she will be doing in Australia & I would be funding her trip, was very easy at the time. Check out the travel agents in Seminyak, close to her.

Melz

Sep 7, 2016
Hi Aussie Sammy, just wondering how you got on? I am needing to do the same thing for a Javanese friend of mine. Would you be able to let me know the agent that you used?

Kind Regards
Melz

klaatu

Mar 14, 2014
Blimbingsari banyuwangi and Denpasar
Re. Passport. My wife ,from Jawa, got hers in Jember immigrasi..the calo (tout) is easily found there ,she charged one million and you get your passport next day,or do it yourself at half the price but multiple trips there including possible hotel costs ,and headaches....Re. Visa...there is only one place to get it (apart from jakarta).and it is in Benoa Square,JlBypass Ngurah Rai.3rd.floor,easy to find..This is an official place representing Aust. UK and NZ..You can just go there and they will give you the correct forms and are very helpful.Speak perfect english etc. This is definetly one case you do not use any kind of agent..You could download the forms from Aust immigration website fill them in and send them to her but better to fly there and help her your self...If you do it within Aust. the price is double..Also you are not sponsoring her but just need to write an invitation letter.