A property agent that you can trust (a top trusted agent in Bali)

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Yeah if you built a fecking igloo from ice here it probably wouldn't last as long as it would in the Arctic, I wonder why? Must be the way those clever Inuits build?
Mr markit ,my hero from the cemetery of bali , sorry I mean candidassa ,against medical advice have you been hitting the sauce bottle again ,dear dear , I know its boring in your place ,get a hobby mate its good to stop early onset of alzheimers

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
You have no qualifications as a building surveyor , so how can you advertise a property which you dont know what condition it is in ,except you like the colour , this is a nation where "porky pies" is normal speak for many ,like most of asia , a seller is never going to tell you any of the faults with construction ,materials , documentation and "god knows what else" , so therefore you and 5 million other so called "unqualified brokers" cannot represent in reality the building . "caveat emptor " Imho.
You are being extremely disingenuous. You know very well that any buyer has the option to have a surveyor come and examine the property accordingly. If they do not do so, they take the risk. I simply state that if I see there is a clear problem with a property, I will advise any buyers of this and I will advise the seller to get it fixed before making it available for sale. I never claim to be a building surveyor. Those are for any buyer to employ if they want peace of mind. You are simply criticising for the sake of criticism because you know it is the same in any western country.

Reactions: Markit

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
You are being extremely disingenuous. You know very well that any buyer has the option to have a surveyor come and examine the property accordingly. If they do not do so, they take the risk. I simply state that if I see there is a clear problem with a property, I will advise any buyers of this and I will advise the seller to get it fixed before making it available for sale. I never claim to be a building surveyor. Those are for any buyer to employ if they want peace of mind. You are simply criticising for the sake of criticism because you know it is the same in any western country.
As far as im aware there is only one company which purports to to do building surveys in bali and surrounds ,but they are uncontactable with regards to fees and insurance for their survey validity , without survey validity it is just a piece of paper with no redress if the report is incorrect .

Reactions: britoo

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
As far as im aware there is only one company which purports to to do building surveys in bali and surrounds ,but they are uncontactable with regards to fees and insurance for their survey validity , without survey validity it is just a piece of paper with no redress if the report is incorrect .
Then I would respectfully suggest that you don't have as many contacts across the industry as I do. I don't even know why you are arguing with me. I seek to encourage everyone involved with the process to raise standards so that the type of horror stories you are alluding to become less and less. Of course the responsibility lies with the buyer to ensure that they are getting a habitable property at a fair price, but I would advise a client to walk away if I felt this was not happening. I myself would walk away from a deal if I saw evidence that it was going to cheat the buyer. I have principles and standards within my line of work which I will not compromise for money.

I am in complete agreement with you that buyers deserve more protection from regulation. That is a matter for the lawmakers; I cannot control that. All I can do is work within the law as it stands and try to ensure that people are treated as fairly as I can. Do you have a problem with that?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Then I would respectfully suggest that you don't have as many contacts across the industry as I do. I don't even know why you are arguing with me. I seek to encourage everyone involved with the process to raise standards so that the type of horror stories you are alluding to become less and less. Of course the responsibility lies with the buyer to ensure that they are getting a habitable property at a fair price, but I would advise a client to walk away if I felt this was not happening. I myself would walk away from a deal if I saw evidence that it was going to cheat the buyer. I have principles and standards within my line of work which I will not compromise for money.

I am in complete agreement with you that buyers deserve more protection from regulation. That is a matter for the lawmakers; I cannot control that. All I can do is work within the law as it stands and try to ensure that people are treated as fairly as I can. Do you have a problem with that?
Well, here is another question for you. We are negotiating over a house rental and in response to queries about maintenance issues the owner said the deal with the contractor had it that the property was guaranteed for another three months and that after that maintenance would be up to the user. I am waiting for a reply to a follow up question I made asking and what if there were damage from a storm or gempa bumi?

Are there actually any laws regarding relative maintenance responsibilities for owner or tenant? I suspect that in our case the owner may respond saying that after the three months of contractual guarantee everything thereafter would be up to us. What is your take on the consequences if Mount Agung got a bit angry and part of the house fell down?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Mr markit ,my hero from the cemetery of bali , sorry I mean candidassa ,against medical advice have you been hitting the sauce bottle again ,dear dear , I know its boring in your place ,get a hobby mate its good to stop early onset of alzheimers
Dude you mention how sub Saharan Africans can build a substantial house which does not leak and has no damp.

This clearly has nothing to do with the clever desert people in Africa and everything to do with there being NO FECKING WATER IN A DESERT YOU NUMPTY!

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Dude you mention how sub Saharan Africans can build a substantial house which does not leak and has no damp.

This clearly has nothing to do with the clever desert people in Africa and everything to do with there being NO FECKING WATER IN A DESERT YOU NUMPTY!
markit , check out the position of mogadishu somalia, 100% humidity more than here , rains like crazy in season , floods etc . It is on the tropic .
Have guess what happens in the tropic ??
Sub saharan Africa , I lived there pre war , Who is the NUMPTY now ?????

Attachments

• 1673263067257.jpg
    1673263067257.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Ahh Mogadishu! The nostalgia... the city that looked like it had just bombed... well it kind of had been. A hotel I stayed at with a huge gap below the so called air conditioner so that you could watch the pandemonium of passing traffic without bothering to get up to look out the window. A memorable night going to a local restaurant to sample traditional Somali cuisine which turned out to be spaghetti and served by a waiter with a cloth over his arm which looked like it had been picked up at the nearby garage after someone wiped his hands after doing a grease and oil change. 1981 during Siad Barre's reign. I remember him speaking at an outdoor rally and being warned that if I took another step I would be shot.

Yes, the superior quality of building in Mogadishu where it seemed once a construction had a roof that was it. No need to tidy up. Often not sure if a place was still being built or demolished. An afternoon at a beach where an Italian man had his calf ripped open by a shark in knee deep water. And then the delightful experience of Mogadishu airport with about ten procedures, each at a different desk, a mass of people (forget queuing) all demanding instant attention by the beleaguered attendants and a growing sense of panic as the plane was ready and which might take off before all the passengers were boarded. A team of police with sticks to whack and maintain order.

Sorry, just seeing the word "Mogadishu" sets off such a train of fond reminiscence. Chunks of camel with the fur still on them and covered with flies at the local outdoor market. So many fond memories. I apologize for the digression.

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Ahh Mogadishu! The nostalgia... the city that looked like it had just bombed... well it kind of had been. A hotel I stayed at with a huge gap below the so called air conditioner so that you could watch the pandemonium of passing traffic without bothering to get up to look out the window. A memorable night going to a local restaurant to sample traditional Somali cuisine which turned out to be spaghetti and served by a waiter with a cloth over his arm which looked like it had been picked up at the nearby garage after someone wiped his hands after doing a grease and oil change. 1981 during Siad Barre's reign. I remember him speaking at an outdoor rally and being warned that if I took another step I would be shot.

Yes, the superior quality of building in Mogadishu where it seemed once a construction had a roof that was it. No need to tidy up. Often not sure if a place was still being built or demolished. An afternoon at a beach where an Italian man had his calf ripped open by a shark in knee deep water. And then the delightful experience of Mogadishu airport with about ten procedures, each at a different desk, a mass of people (forget queuing) all demanding instant attention by the beleaguered attendants and a growing sense of panic as the plane was ready and which might take off before all the passengers were boarded. A team of police with sticks to whack and maintain order.

Sorry, just seeing the word "Mogadishu" sets off such a train of fond reminiscence. Chunks of camel with the fur still on them and covered with flies at the local outdoor market. So many fond memories. I apologize for the digression.
Ya it was a fun place harry ,living inside a keystone cops movie !
The "hotels" were to be avoided at all costs , the juba, aruba and croce del sud ,scary places .

Last edited:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
markit , check out the position of mogadishu somalia, 100% humidity more than here , rains like crazy in season , floods etc . It is on the tropic .
Have guess what happens in the tropic ??
Sub saharan Africa , I lived there pre war , Who is the NUMPTY now ?????
I'll have to bow to your superior knowledge and just mention that in a long life listening to all kinds of strange and wonderful (and BS) stories your's is the first that's mentioned how good the African (sub-sahara or where ever) building skills are.

I would just question how good those builds would have been if the buyer had ordered his house, then fecked off, leaving the architect and the contractor with carte blanche and a shed load of dosh as seems to be the case often here?

tel522

Oct 30, 2015
Ya here you have to watch like a hawk ,as you did during the process checking materials etc ,if you leave it with the contractor your asking for a rubbish property with built in problems for the future .
The strange places I worked in were hardly on the tourist route ,but ya crazy experiences .

Reactions: Markit

Wina

Nov 27, 2022
Well, here is another question for you. We are negotiating over a house rental and in response to queries about maintenance issues the owner said the deal with the contractor had it that the property was guaranteed for another three months and that after that maintenance would be up to the user. I am waiting for a reply to a follow up question I made asking and what if there were damage from a storm or gempa bumi?

Are there actually any laws regarding relative maintenance responsibilities for owner or tenant? I suspect that in our case the owner may respond saying that after the three months of contractual guarantee everything thereafter would be up to us. What is your take on the consequences if Mount Agung got a bit angry and part of the house fell down?

Hello, may I first ask please if you are aware if the owner has an insurance policy in place? If not, then it is going to come down to the agreement that you have struck with the owner, including whether you have a long term lease or not. Regrettably Indonesian law hasn't been written to put many safeguards in place - they effectively leave it in the hands of the contract drafters. So if you had the misfortune of an angry piece of molten lava or ash fall on your home, it would rely on insurance clauses to protect you (and indeed the owner for compensation). The key is always to get the agreement between you and the owner to be as watertight as possible before you sign the tenancy - something that I always encourage my clients to do.

Reactions: britoo

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021

1. Here is the Force Majure clause I'm always insisting to be added to long term rental agreements I'm signing on.

In the event of loss or damage to property caused by circumstances of force beyond the ability of the parties (Force Majeure); For example; fire damage, water damage, structural failure, foundation failure, riots, natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, or other natural disasters; LANDLORD is fully responsible for the damages / losses of villa and all facilities, equipment, and furniture that belongs to LANDLORD.

TENANT will take full responsibility of the losses of furniture, equipment and belongings owned by TENANT.

2. I'm also insisting on a dispute clause related to Force Majure events:

If property is no longer habitable and remain so for more than 30 (thirty) days and TENANT is required to move-out for more than 30 (days), then LANDLORD shall refund balance rent within 30 (thirty) days of TENANT moving out.

Reactions: Wina

harryopal

May 5, 2016
Thank you Wina and AurorB for your replies.

Wina, if a lease contract did not contain clauses as suggested by AuroraB what do you think would be the outcome if, heaven forbid, a storm or earthquake caused major damage? Could the tenant be taken to court and forced to pay for reconstruction?

harryopal

May 5, 2016
The owner has now prepared a comprehensive lease agreement including a Force Majure clause the only difference being that instead of returning balance of rent in the event of a disaster and the house being uninhabitable he has offered "In the event of loss of damage to the premises is such as to make it necessary for lessee to vacate the premises until it is properly repaired. Lessor agrees that the period the premises are rendered unusable by lessee, extention will be given for free during the period."

Realistically a rebuild could take a year or more. So who knows how that would work out. My wife has to go to Bandung early February with her mother so we have just a few weeks to make the move and no time really to look for alternatives and with my car at a bengkel at the moment. The owner has agreed to formally begin the lease Feb 25 and we can begin moving stuff in once the lease is signed and rent paid. Ahh well, "such is life" as the bush ranger, Ned Kelly said just before they hanged him. The new house is fifty metres around the corner from the one we are to vacate. The houses are built by the same developer and the one we are in has had the underside plaster perimeter around the roof fall out. The new lessor has agreed that we would not be responsible for maintenance of that kind.

Thanks again for responses to my questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wina

arman.mahnam

Jan 7, 2023
Hello everyone. My name is Wina Hope. I am a Property Agent here in Bali and I am a native Indonesian who is married to a British man. I recently read on the forum how many of the expats on here have been let down by many of the property agents that they have used when attempting to find property or land to buy or rent. I was very sorry and frustrated to read this, because I know the standards that I set for myself in dealing with clients and owners. When I am providing a service to my clients, I am doing my best for them throughout the process, ensuring that they are treated fairly and given help in completing the transaction process with professional people. If you are buying or looking to find a place to rent, you can tell me your budget and preferred location, and I will find places for you to view. If you reach the point of making a deal, and need help finding the right notary, I can do that for you. I aim to make sure that everyone is left satisfied and well treated throughout the process. I have concluded many successful deals and was recently named the number 1 Property Agent in Bali for the company which I work with. So, if you are looking for property or land in Bali, please feel free to contact me on +628123608839 without any obligation and I will prove to you that there are decent helpful agents willing to help you receive a good service.
Hello Dear Wina...
thank you for your Information...
I'm Arman And I'm New at Bali. i want to rent a house with One bedroom and a private pool. i have 14000$ for a year rental paying
Can you help me to find a house with this price ?
My whatsapp Number is +989133194822
tnx