A good reliable tax accountant (personal and business)

Frinz22

Oct 13, 2022
Hi all,
This question has come up before, but the last I could see it in 2016 and 2013 before this. We are in search of a reliable and knowledgeable tax accountant who can
(a) advise us on our obligations regarding progress filing for a company, which setting up was only half completed two years ago.
(b) tax filing for such a company and personal tax (we only just received our kitas, while the PT exists already since 2020)
(c) advise us on all tax obligations as well as social and health insurance costs and obligations etc related to setting up a business with staff in Bali
(d) doing so in a simple language, which is understandable for non-accountants.
(e) located in Ubud or Denpasar region
In the past we have experienced both: (i) accountants, which left us buffled already 5 minutes after starting to talk and (ii) accounts where we found out rapidly that their advice was wrong. We had also accountants' offers of services ranging from very reasonable to pretty pretty very steep. Any indication of what a tax accountant work could cost for a small (say two-villa) business could cost in a year would therefore be very helpful.
Thanks a lot for your advice!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Please explain why you think you need an accountant for a 2 villa business?

Income tax is 10% with an extra 1% on online booking last time I looked.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021
Personal taxes:

I had a tax consultant (one of the big 4) charging big money doing my personal taxes when working in Jakarta. What a bunch of unhelpful people. Acting as they worked for gov. instead of sorting things out for me as a paying client.

Later on I did the work myself filling in form 1770 S (as that is what the tax consultant do). Possible if you have someone at hand that can speak Bahasa Indonesia or use google translate. Some of these forms used to be in English as well. Maybe tax office can help. Contact info here https://www.pajak.go.id/hubungi-kami

The forms can be found here https://www.pajak.go.id/formulir-page/

English info https://www.pwc.com/id/en/pocket-tax-book/english/pocket-tax-book-2022.pdf

Frinz22

Oct 13, 2022
The reason I am asking is because I have operated my own business overseas for some time and have taken time when setting it up to understand the tax, GST etc rules as well as for what I need an accountant for and what I can do myself. Same here: being new in this (Bali/Indonesian) tax environment, I'd like to again, first understand it.
We are aware that some people appear to treat tax matters quite casual in Bali. We have also had very different advice from accountants we met in the past, especially regarding business tax, and personal tax. At the basis of all is to have the right information from the start and get it from someone who knows and can explain. That's why the question.
Any suggestions?

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
Sorry I don't know any accountants, You set up a PT PMA which requires 10billion invested and must employ staff which would do your tax. Indonesian dose not want small foreign owned companies that's left to UD,CV and PT for large companies. Check with the agent that set up the company he should have advise you of what you need. So you have not payed any Tax so far??