Expat with classical music around ?

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
String quartets from Schubert, Shostakowitz, Mozart and Beethoven.

Songs from Barber, and other "late romantic" American composers.

Symphonies from Mahler and Bruckner.

I thought I could do without them, but.....

If expats here have some of the above, could I borrow, PLEASE

Gloria

Nov 5, 2002
Music

Hey Bert, I might check out my tapes,similar taste to your own.They have been buried under the " might get time" pile,somewhere.....but beware,if I do happen to find the time to sift through and of course TEST all ,I may change my mind about passing them on to the Bert household and keep ,em all myself......on the other hand....it is your birthday besok....I will think about it......

lise

Nov 6, 2002
Bert, must you have CD's or can you use cassettes, also? Most classical CD's can be found here used for very cheap...I'm on a run to supplement my collection before we leave, so I'll check around for you while I'm there...I'm also off to the used book store for the same reason...I throw out my offer again...if anyone has a particular book/author they're craving...tell me now!

Bert Vierstra

Nov 5, 2002
Homeless
Looking really forward

Looking really forward to see you play some cello....

But the viola is smaller to take with you....

Candle light ?

NED

Jun 4, 2005
Sydney
Hi Bert,

I am an Aussie planning retirement in Bali next year. I have a wealth of classical CD's particularly 20th Century stuff that I will be bringing with me. I would love to start some sort of 'club' for the sharing of music etc, sounds like it may be needed. Hope to make contact with similar folk to yourself next year.

made marko

Jun 12, 2004
Niskala, Berkala
I have a ton of stuff on vinyl, but I'm not a CD user; I would think that you would be well versed in music file sharing though...?
Is it diferent in ID to download tunes gratis?

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany
Is it diferent in ID to download tunes gratis?

For classic MP3, they should have a least 256kb, classic are usually bigger than other music files, to dl a Symphony on a 56K Modem it will take 24 hours - forget it without cable/DSL !

cheers
Thorsten