mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Thanks so much you guys for all this valuable info. I will comprehend once finishing my course in Swahili. The now situation leaves me with what minimal kind of GSM unlocked ( or unlockable) phone may I buy? My options in the US presently are only what is available online (unlocked aren't sold in stores!), and they are are both Samsung, either Focus or Solstice. There aren't any new ( you know this culture-old doesn't exist!) Iphone 3G's out there.
So tell me please, all knowing gurus; how much of a f------ phone do I need to use this f------ booster that I bought due to your (MARKIT!) influence?
Loveable
Don

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Do I detect a vague note of desperation in your mail there Don? Apparently the retail therapy hasn't really kicked in yet.

Oh and you don't need a phone at all to use the booster - the phone can use the booster as an internet connection. Up to 5 devices can share the Huawei Mifi. Plug your internet sim card into the Huawei and then turn it on. Put in the password that comes with the device and Robert's your father's brother (Bob's ur Uncle) you are done.

For the terminally confused you will need an internet ready phone of some description to utilize the functionality that comes with Huawei such as Skype from your mobile phone, google, in fact all internet activity.

Hope this helps and keep taking the pills.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
The mist has cleared and now I understand (maybe). The 3 G booster is attached to the computer; not to the phone. My original impression was that we now had computer connectivity with our cell phones which could be enhanced via the booster.
Anyway, I bought a new phone, and am awaiting the Huawei magic wand.
Thanks for your patience Markit.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Gee Whiz Mr. Markit! My 3G Booster thing arrived in the mail today, and (almost) wet my pants in anticipation! Really haven't experienced anything like this since receiving my " absolutely FREE Secret Roy Rogers Signet Ring" after consuming only 325 boxes of pure Ralston Purina Breakfast Cereal and putting my near destitute mother in the Poorhouse, and only required to send in the uneaten box tops. Can't imagine paying only $80. for this minuscule miracle!
If it doesn't work, I will personally guarantee to poison pee all over your wonderful coco palms. But in the meantime will keep you notified of my success or failure.
Don

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
If memory serves, isn't Ralson Purina dog food?

I got 40 palms so your work(pee) will be cut out for you - but I'm not worried.

I'm into my 3rd week with the little beauty and have spent $15 in "monthly" 3 internet vouchers to feed it but it's still going a treat. Tried to find the 3 vouchers for 3GB here in the East but apparenlty that's way to pricey for the locals so they don't have it yet. The 3GB voucher costs 100k and the the 1.25GB costs 50k. Only took 3 because they seem to have the best connection around here. Use whatever works best in your area.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Huh? Admitted that I can't do techie talk, but you have your own version. The Mandarin/English dictionary was tossed aside while reading the 3G Booster Directions (wonder of wonders),, but what are you doing with vouchers? Are you talking about pulsa? Please talk straight American.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Once you have your sim card thrust in as deep as you can and that first flush of success has left you breathless you will want to experience that heady joy of a rythmic connection to the internet again and again.

To do that you can leave your sim pushed in as deep as you can and trot off to the local Pulsa Shop for a pulsating top-up voucher from the same brand as your sim card so when that feeling comes over you again and you can't get it to function the way it used to do then just put in the numbers on the top up voucher and you will back in the throes of unending pleasure.

I.e. connected again. Don't forget to take precautions, it's a wild world out there.